Chapter 01 | Stuck With Him

Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans.

"Damn it." Joanne clutched the screen of her laptop in both hands and stared daggers at it as she willed it to come back to life. Of all the time this pesky little gadget had to go and die, it had to be now of course. Not good, not good at all.

She sighed, so much for having high hopes of watching Shingeki no Kyojin - attack on titan. It anime had been pending on her bucket list for a great deal of time and now that she wanted to watch it, she couldn't. It pissed her off. Thinking of an alternative, she could watch it on her phone but the quality of her laptop is way better - a dell xps 13.

It had previously been bought with her hard earned money from taking surveys and giving reviews on certain products online. It took her some months but she finally got enough cash to get a decent one. Her last had been a refurbished apple laptop and needless to say, it was very useless.

Looking pitifully at her laptop that was safely out of reach from her prying roommate - who didn't know how to keep her hands to herself - it would take a few hours to charge. The gym was a perfect way to wile away time, and she could even get some fresh air on the way. It was a win-win.

Joanne stepped warily into the building and it was just as she remembered it. Full of overweight, sweaty, husky people that were miserably trying to get into shape. After thirty minutes of constantly giving up on each exercise halfway, she went out the door high-spirited.

The cool evening breeze left a remarkable tingling sensation on her sweaty skin. Quickening her pace back to the dorm, Joanne met her roommate there messing with her stuffs. That would have to wait. Right now all Joanne wanted to do was get in the shower and savor the feel of tiny water droplets prickling against her skin.

After her anticipated and relaxing but rushed shower. Joanne wore her ghost-busters pajamas then pulled her hair into a bun. "You know I hate it when people go through my stuff."

Patricia nodded.

"So what the hell were you doing with my bag?" Joanne asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"I-I'm sorry, I was looking for my g-strings and I couldn't find them anywhere so I guessed you must have packed them with your clothes after laundry."

The question to whether this was a lie or not was clearly visible in Patricia's dilating pupils. Joanne however didn't have enough strength or desire to bicker back and forth with her roommate this night, so she let her off with a warning.

"Look it's okay, but next time just ask me. Don't go ransacking my bag for something that isn't even there." Joanne turned off the light and placed her head gently on the pillow. "Good night."

"Night." Pat mumbled.

Shortly after falling into a deep sleep Joanne begun to dream of a girl. One with pale, flawless skin and dark, silky hair that flowed all the way to her waist. She was indeed the true definition of beauty.

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she reached out to the pretty girl to grab her hand, to do anything so she wouldn't fall, but the pretty girl had other plans instead. She let go and she fell - to her death, but that was just the beginning. There was more, more of this inevitable nightmare Joanne had come to dread so much.

                                 ***

The shimmering sun danced in the sky conspicuously. Cloud-free and radiated its energy through the windowpanes. It was really bright for seven in the morning.

Joanne had set an alarm the previous day for seven since her lectures started by 8:30. She dragged her phone sluggishly from the desk - where she usually kept it to avoid kicking it in her sleep - on the quest of finding out what the time was and discovered that it was ten-freaking-am!