Chapter 09 | Going In With Him

The place was buzzing with cheering on the streets, and banners waving in the air. Joanne pulled up at the front of a small colorful house, she sighed and laid back on the driver's seat. Cory raised his brow.

"What?"

He looked in the direction of the house.

Joanne shook her head vigorously. "Oh hell no, I'm not going with you in there."

Cory groaned. "Come on, you're my girlfriend and you kinda have to meet my friends."

"Pretend girlfriend," she corrected. "And in case you haven't noticed, I don't like people neither do I like anything that involves me relating with them, so no."

"I'll be in there for hours, you'll be bored out here."

She pulled out her phone. Clicking on an app, she smiled. "No, I won't."

"I don't get why you always have to be so stubborn." Then Cory slammed the door and went over to the driver's. Pulling it open, he lifted Joanne and lowered her on his shoulders. "Not much of a choice now, huh Snow White?" He smirked as he proceeded towards the front door of the building.

He pressed the doorbell, nursing a fuming Joanne, waiting expectantly for the door to be opened for them.

Finally, a dark-haired boy opened the door and gave Cory a hug. He shifted uncomfortably as he noticed Joanne's presence. "Who?..." Jordan asked confused.

"Joanne, Jordan. Jordan, Joanne." He introduced them both.

Jordan smiled, reaching a hand forward for a shake. "Nice to meet you Joanne."

"I don't do handshakes, nice to meet you Jordan." She dipped her hands into the pockets of her hoodie.

Jordan chuckled awkwardly. "So..."

"She's my girlfriend."

Jordan stared in disbelief as he tried to process what his friend had just said. Joanne mumbled under her breath. He was absolutely sure Cory had never introduced anyone as his girlfriend before, or even anyone at all. The fact that he was doing that now, with a girl that looked nowhere on the same level with them was astonishing. "G...g...girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Cory laced his hand with her's. "Where are the guys?"

"In there, Amanda is too." Jordan rolled his eyes in disgust. "And she won't stop ranting about this designer bag she got last week."

Cory chuckled. "Typical Amanda, let's go in." He pushed the door open.

Lying on a beanbag was Subomi, and holding up a handbag with her lips pursed was Amanda.

"Hey dude," Cory hugged Subomi. This movement caused Cory's hands to drift away from her's and she instantly felt her palms become clammy, she seemed to be having a panic attack. Her face went pale and all she could think of was how she would mess up big time, ether by saying incoherent sentences or by saying nothing at all.

Cory.
He smiled as he waved Joanne goodbye and headed towards the truck Jim had come to pick him up with. He never would have escaped the place successfully without Joanne's mom entering the house.

But he had something that he was sure was of high value to her - her diary. He smirked as he placed the diary on his laps, it was much easier than he thought, it was almost as if he didn't even take anything in the first place.

"That's quite some book you've got there. Didn't know you read." Jim's curious eyes raced to and fro the book.

"Ah, this isn't mine. It's Snow White's." Cory said.