Chapter 07 | Wishes for him

Time froze and her heart stopped beating immediately the words left Cory's mouth, he had taken her diary and he just confirmed it, but that wasn't what made her heart stop beating, it was the fact that he had read the diary before she got a chance to get rid of it, she knew someone would find it sooner or later, she just never thought it would be him. "You took my diary?" Joanne hissed.

"So you find me attractive?" Cory begun.

She breathed. "If by attractive you mean irritating, repulsive, obnoxious..."

"Slow down Snow White, I meant good looking, charming, and maybe hot, if you know what I mean."

She closed her eyes. "Why do you have my diary, Cory?"

"Well I was pretty convinced that you had the most boring life ever, until I found this little piece of sunshine and I thought this would be something worth hanging unto, in case there's a need to rescue you from the deep slumber of boredom you were setting into."

What's he going on about.

"So that's why you have it, what do you want to do with you, I mean what good is it to you?"

"I thought it could come in handy for blackmail, but I don't actually have anything I'd want to use it for, I was thinking I could invest more time into scrutinizing every detail it contains though."

"Don't you dare, don't even think about reading any further than you already have, or I swear on my mother's life I'm going to kill you."

Cory couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. "I won't, you don't have to go all angry mode on me."

Liar.

"Can you please just return it? This isn't some sick and twisted game where you get to use my diary against me."

"You're right, it's not. Which is why I want you to act as my genie."

"What?" Joanne sat upright.

"Grant me three wishes and I'll give it to you."

She pondered about it for a few minutes, but there was no way in hell that she was going to sell her soul to the devil, for a cheap piece of junkie, actually it meant more to her than she had called it, it felt like her best friend had just been held captive and she was being asked for ransom. "This is messed up you know."

"Ah, I don't exactly play fair, so what's it going to be snow white? I keep reading or..."

Joanne wondered why she always made the wrong choices when it came to Cory, she would always say and do the wrong things like she was right now. "Fine," She paused. "I'll grant you three wishes, but just three, I can only do so much when I'm being blackmailed."

"Don't I get to wish for more wishes?" She could imagine him pouting, with his annoyingly pretty face.

"Not how it works, stupid."

"Hey be nice or else." She heard him make a rattling noise, like he was opening a book.

"Okay," She sighed. "If thy majesty pleases, I will not be able to grant thee more than the assigned wishes, because thou aren't a robot."

He chuckled. "I suppose that's your way of being nice, I'll allow it, seems like we're already making progress."

Joanne rolled her eyes. "I'm grounded so I don't know if I can do whatever you want when you want me to, the most I can do is speak to you on my phone."

He remained mute for a while. "That's okay, for now." He paused even longer this time. "And I'm sorry for making her ground you." Then he hung up instantly.