Chapter 04 | Going to kill her

Joanne narrowed her eyes. She had completely forgotten about the project.

Hey wear something pretty. - C

Would you shut up and let me reply :( - J

And this isn't a date, it's a project that I could have done with someone that probably wouldn't be as creepy as you. - J

He replied to her first message with a frown and the second with:

You did not just say that to me, I bet you twenty bucks that you can't say that to my face. - C

Joanne chuckled.

Just twenty? Let's make it fifty. - J

Deal. Give me your address and I'll come over tomorrow. - C

I thought you just needed directions? - J

I still need to know where I'm going, don't I? - C

Clairborne avenue. Where do you live? - J

Nearby. Who knew we would be in the same place at the same time, fate is such a beautiful thing isn't it? <3 - C

Oh please. For all I know you're probably just stalking me again. - J

Again? When did I ever? - C

Never mind, text me when you need the 'directions' good night. -J

Wait. -C

Joanne switched off her phone and jumped into bed. Chatting with Cory was enough to drain her of life. It was about time she powered down for a nap.

~~~~

It wasn't a nap as much as it was a deep intoxicating slumber that Joanne spent another twelve hours on. That lack of sleep was really taking it's toll on her.

She woke up looking utterly defeated and weak. Her skin was extremely puffy and her hair was a rat's nest. Usually Joanne looked like that on normal days but today it seemed a bit too much.

She went back to sleep and woke up slightly better and lighter. Immediately, she went downstairs and poured herself a bowl of cereal before digging in.

The front door reverberated with a familiar tune. Chloe rushed towards it. "I'll get it!" She yelled.

Cory walked right into their living room, staring wide-eyed at Joanne. "Don't tell me you just woke up. It's eleven am Joanne."

Cory.
"Dude chill. It's just a game." Jordan placed the game pad on the floor.

"Yeah and it sucks, I don't want to play anymore, I think my controller's busted." Cory stuck his tongue out at him.

They were playing call of duty and Cory was about losing to Jordan. He wasn't just going to let Jordan get away with beating him at a game that Cory had boasted was a piece of cake so he stopped Jordan from winning by smashing the game pad on the floor.

"You're being so childish right now." Jordan groaned.

"Whatever." Cory said.

"Who's paying for that?" He pointed to the broken game pad.

"I can always get you a new one. It's no big deal."

"You're unbelievable too, stop squandering your dad's money like it's yours." Jordan sounded disgusted.

"He's my dad so automatically everything he has belongs to me. Do the math dummy." He grabbed a slice of pizza.

Jordan only rolled his eyes in response.