Cute Shit

Franks pov

I carded my hand through Gerard's black hair, my fingers brushing out the occasional knot. I glanced down to where his head was resting in my lap, the smashing pumpkins played softly in the background. I had been sat on my bed playing my second hand acoustic guitar and somehow ended up with Gerard's head in my lap. I wasn't complaining.

"You've got brown hair." I announced.

"I'm aware." Gerard said simply. Twisting to look up at me.

"I can see your roots." I explained, brushing his hair out of his face.

"Have you never looked at my eyebrows?" He asked, pointing at his dark brown arched eyebrows with a slender finger.

"I guess not." I shrugged, leaning my head back against the wall. I glanced around the room at my many band posters and random marks in the blue paint.

"I need to- mama mia kill me." He stopped and composed himself, looking slightly fed up. I stroked his hair compassionately, "I need to re-dye it. It's been a couple of weeks." He explained.

"You should do it a different colour." I suggested, frowning slightly as my fingers caught in Gerard's hair.

"I don't know if I have the confidence." He mumbled, his eyes scanning the walls nervously.

"Nah," I waved a hand, "you'd look great with like red or something. Ooh, you could even do the roots red and leave the rest black." I said excitedly. I heard Gerard giggle and I looked down at him, smiling fondly.

I looked back up, still smiling slightly as we both remained silent. "Hey, Frank?" I heard Gerard ask quietly. My features fell as I looked down at him, sending the change in his tone of voice. Like the calm before an oncoming storm.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice soft and quiet.

"You're not just with me for pity are you?" He asked quietly, furrowing his brow as sat up, casting his eyes across the floor. I paused for a moment, considering what he said.

"What?!" I said after a moment, practically screeching from shock. I stared at him, my mouth opening and closing like a fish as I tried to find the right words.

"You know like, 'oh I'm gonna date the retard kid to make him feel better about himself.'" he mumbled, wringing his hand nervously as he practically bore a whole in the carpet with the intensity of his gaze.

"Babe," I started, pinching the bridge of my nose and inhaling deeply, "you are funny, you are smart, you are so fucking brave, you are so caring and gentle, why the fucking fuck would I not be into you?"

"Eh," Gerard shrugged, "I was just paranoid is all." He said quietly, I noticed him jerk his head back a couple of times, wincing when his neck cracked.

"Hey," I said softly, my tone more gentle and smooth, "don't be." I said as I pulled him into an embrace, I inhaled deeply and felt him grip my back tightly, "Just know that I care for you a whole fucking lot and I am immensely grateful that I can call you my boyfriend." I said truthfully, inhaling deeply, noticing the musky scent of his cologne.

"Okay," he whispered, "I trust you.

A/N: okay this chapter is painfully short, quite literally about a quarter of the length of my normal chapters. It's just there ain't much content and I don't want to awkwardly stretch it out.

I care about you all so much. Please look after yourselves. Make sure you've eaten today and had some water and make sure to take a nap if you need to. Try and do something relaxing today (of if you're in a similar time zone to me, then tomorrow) just do something you know makes you happy.

Bai Bai duckiez 🐄