I Enjoy Playing With People's Emotions

I stood outside Gerard's window, shivering from the mid January breeze. The emo gremlin in question had told me he'd be out five minutes prior, leaving me stood outside in the freezing cold. The soft thunk of water dripping from a nearby gutter rang out into the cold night.

I messaged him again asking him to hurry the fuck up and as if on cue the door swung open and revealed my vampire, he was slightly more appropriately dressed than myself. He was donned in a grey hoody and combat boots whereas myself was wearing my usual ratty converse and leather jacket that was practically necrotic with wear and tear.

"Hey, Frankie." He greeted, his voice lowered so not to rouse his mom and brother.

I greeted him in the same manner as he quietly slid the door shut, the soft click sounding much louder than reality in the desolate street.

He ruffled my hair as he came to stand next to me, his warm breath becoming visible in the cold night air. An air of slight fog hang around the two of us, as one would expect after heavy rain,

We walked in silence until we were a good five minutes away from the house, the only noises being Gerard's tics and usual background noise of cars and the soft buzzing if street lamps.

"Faggot!" Gerard announced as soon as we'd crossed the first of the two main roads, "jesus I've been suppressing that the entire bloody time."

I chuckled lightly in response as we carried on in comfortable silence towards the high street.

After another five or so minutes I was jolted out of my own head by Gerard asking me how I was, "I'm good, cold as fuck." I responded, a shiver running up my spine almost to emphasize my point.

"That's because you're stupid, that fucking jacket is gonna be- fuck, fuck, fuck, the death of you." He chided.

"Maybe but at least I'll die looking like a rad mother-fucker." I said grinning upwards at my friend, our height difference being emphasised by Gee's boots.

"You don't happen to have any cigarettes do ya?" He pleaded.

"Oh for fucks sake, I'm not being the one to get you hooked on these things again."

"Oh please," he begged, dragging out the "e" in "please" I caved at that point and rummaged through the inside pockets of my decaying jacket before I returned with a slightly crushed pack of fags and my familiar purple lighter.

I held a death stick up to his perfect lips and lit it before doing the same to myself. My vampire took a lot drag and blew the deadly smoke up into the night sky, making the dangerous habit look like more of an art form than an addiction.

"You're brother's gonna kill me if he finds this out, jesus, kidnapping you and giving you smokes on the same night? He'll have me hanged." I half joked.

"What he doesn't know won't- cock, hurt him."

I supposed that was true, I'm sure the boy was already doing unholy things with that fuck of an emo, Pete, he had no room to talk.

I took another drag of my cigarette and exhaled the toxic smoke out into the already polluted air, the warm orange glow of the nearby supermarket shone onto the floor, making reflections dance in the puddles and cast evil looking shadows on to the side of buildings.

We chucked our fags into a nearby puddle and entered the store immediately being met by the same yellow glow, only stronger, the flourescent lights beaming down on the sleep deprived and mostly drunk shoppers.

We adjusted to the bright lights, being slightly dazed by the change of atmosphere before getting our bearings before heading off in the direction of the aisle which we both knew the alcohol to be in and also happened to be at the other side of the store.