Chapter 33. Skinny Love

"Come on skinny love just last the year. Poor a little salt we were never here."
Birdy x Skinny Love (I also love Bon Iver's Skinny Love)

 2 Weeks Later

"Hey babe, we can't keep avoiding each other like this. We're going to have to eventually talk about what happened. I miss you, bye," I leave Drew a voice mail Sunday morning.

"Still haven't answered," Daya asks already knowing the answer as I walk to the patio door.

"It's Sunday morning, rain is falling, let's go enjoy the day. Drew can't hurt me unless I let him," I tell her with a smile and tug her towards the door.

"Maria Salvatino si usted se enferma en la lluvia no me ocuparé de ti," My mother yells through the living room.

"Damn it, how does she figure it out," I mutter.

"Probably because every time a drop of rain falls you automatically yell out how important it is you go out on such a beautiful day. You're the only person who loves dreary rainy days," Ray says taking a grape from my bowl.

"Well yes Ray, I would love for you to eat some of my breakfast. No, I didn't make us all separate bowls for you to just go eating my food," I say, sarcasm dripping heavily off my tongue.

"Why thanks darling. I appreciate that," He winks at me and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Okay kids, settle down. Ray, stop eating her grapes, Mare... play nice. He's a growing boy," Daya says seriously although she has a grin on her face.

"Haha, we're so amusing to you, huh," I say to her and she giggles.

"Growing boy, honey I'm a man," Ray says flicking my hair back and I glare at him.

"What I don't have any hair, I needed a dramatic effect," Daya and I burst with laughter.

"Ray, poor baby," I get up and walk over to him.

"Oh honey,' Daya says standing on the other side of him.

"Let's get you back in bed," I say holding his hand.

"He's just needs a nap, he'll get better soon," Daya whispers to me, grabbing his other hand and I giggle.

"Girls, I'm right here," Ray chuckles.

"We know," I pat his arm as we direct him to my room.

"We're all going to try this waking up thing again. Nap time," Daya says as we all cuddle into my bed.

"Back to the three original musketeers," I say closing my eyes, getting comfortable.

"Back to laying with my girls," Ray says pulling Daya and I into his arms.

Daya turns on Crazy, Stupid, Love and we watch it until we all fall asleep. 

 I wake up before Daya and Ray with me and Daya's hands resting on Rays stomach. I stare at my two best friends and gently get up being careful enough not to wake them. I walk out of my room and to the room my dad and I share a love for. The music room, a room filled with 8 tracks, albums, vinyl, a beautiful record player, an amazing stereo and my favorite part, a grand piano. A concert grand, model D Steinway and Sons grand piano. First truly expensive thing in the house that he ever bought and we worshiped the beautiful instrument.

 I sit at the piano bench and I rub my fingers against the key, playing the first song that comes to mind.

 Come on skinny love just last the year,

Pour a little salt we were never here,

My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...