Chapter 10. Serendipity

"So what place am I driving you guys to?" Ms. Daniels asks. 

"I guess it wont be much of a big deal but. . . Serendipity 3," I say smile growing bigger when Daya starts jumping up and down. 

"Oh my Maria! I love you!" She says, I smile.

"She loves you more," Lawrence says, I shrug and nod. 

"Better get going," I say helping Daya with her luggage. 

"I'll take those," Lawrence says grabbing both the luggage out of Daya and I hands. 

"So  what'd you two do while I was gone," She ask as we walk to the car slowly.

"Nothing. Danced mostly then sat and just chilled. But we did run a errand," I smile handing her the gift bag with the books. 

"Awww thanks. You guys didn't have to do this just because I'll be gone for a month," She says.

"That's part of the reason why we did that and dessert to show you how much we appreciate you. But you also have an iTunes gift card," I add giggling at the end. We get to the car and she hugs me and playfully punch Lawrence arm. 

"You guys are the best friends a girl could have," She says. We all get in the car. We drive to Serendipity 3 in silence. Peaceful silence. 

"You excited," I ask Day about her trip. 

"Yeah. I just wish I could pack you two up with me," She smiles. Lawrence and I fist pound, she laughs at us.

"How the bestfriend application process going," She asks.

"It's going good. I hope," Lawrence says. I shrug and smile. 

"I suppose it's in the process of being accepted. It's about 85% accepted. By 8:30 well see if it's 100% done," I say Daya high fives Lawrence.

"Goofballs," I murmur.

"You're part of the club Mare," Ms. Daniels says, making us all laugh. Ms. Daniels turn the radio on and Mr. Saxo-beat by Alexandra Stan  playing, I gasp. 

"My auntie and I always dance to this. Remember that one time you were over Zen,"I ask giggling. She laughs.

"Oh my gosh! Mom, Ray you both have to see them together. You will smile and laugh to tears the whole time," Day says as I sing along to the song. 

"My wittle Hispanic baby," MS. Daniels smiles in the mirror. I smile and look over at Lawrence. He's in his phone but his foot is taping to the beat.

"Ray Hispanic roots are coming out too," I poke him, Zendaya looks back at us laughing. He starts fist pumping.

"You make me dance| bring me up, bring me down| play it sweet| Make me move like a freak, Mr. Saxobeat.| " I sing as Zendaya turns back around in her seat. 

The song goes off and we just listen to the next song. My phone buzzes in my hand. I look at the screen, it's a text from Ray.

Lawrence - You tell Zen about what happened between us?

I look at him confused, then back at my phone.

Me - No, why?

I send to him.

Lawrence - She sent me a text. I think she knows. 

Me - How? What'd the text say?

Lawrence - "Something happened between y'all, I know it. You kissed her? Or tried to kiss her?" That's bascially what she said.

I giggle and shake my head.

Lawrence - What's so funny?

Me - She knows. She's trying to get you to admit it. What did you tell her.