Epilogue: How Long Will I Love You

As Long As The Stars Are Above You

I wake up to a text from the Lawrence Ray and I smile.

Ray - r u mine ?

Me - aren't I ? always babe x

Ray - that's what I like to hear. I am yours too. forever

_______________________________________

My Lawrence Ray always, 

I decided to write you because five minutes ago I woke up to a text from you and it wasn't a typical good morning. I know this will sound dramatic and silly, but that text felt like the beginning all over again. Y'know when we we're cuddled up in my safe place and we weren't shy and all we did was flirt and talk in double meanings. I can't believe it's been five years since senior year of high school and one year since our last undergraduate year in college. We've been through so much shit babe, bad and good shit. Remember when Drew and picking colleges felt like our biggest issues, now it's figuring out what our living room theme will be in our apartment. Hopefully when we buy our first home, themes will be a joke to us. 

I want you to know that I feel like the luckiest woman on Earth with you. Why? Because I found my person so young and we're still doing life with each other five years later, best friends and lovers. We spent the last year as a long distance couple and I know everyone told us to just take a break to explore "our options" but there were no options for me while I was away in Madrid and South America. I never doubted our love or my affections for you and if anything I fell more in love with you when you thought we were heading on two different paths and you didn't want to hold me back. You remember when I almost bit your head off for suggesting we break up so we could grow into ourselves and you said it so confidently, you said "I know I'll see you again, we're forever, you're my end game, always."  and of course being the crier that I am I said "We can grow with distance babe while still dating, breaking up isn't necessary for us. Our forever never falters." You being so confident in our love made a year without seem like nothing and it allowed me to focus on myself. I am so thankful to have a love like yous, you are my freedom, my hide away, my home, my breath of fresh air. I feel like a Queen.  Australia made you a more nurturing, patient, kind, hard working damn fine man Ray, or should I say my damn fine business man. You've made you own and you never try to boast yourself in the relationship. You recognize and applaud all of my achievements and you make me feel so good and proud of myself for making my own. I hope I do the same for you. I can't wait to build the rest of our lives with you. 

I want you to know that our sophomore year of college, I called your father because I felt like you we're getting down with your studies and I couldn't figure a way to cheer you up and I thought maybe your father being such the badass he is, he could give us a kick in the right direction. He told me that you'd call in for advice and man talks often and you already had all the support you needed from our family and friends. He said "Baby girl, Ray just needs you to continue being you. Just hold him, take him on a date, study with him and knock him upside the head when he needs to take a break and live. He needs to not be his only home, be his home, build with him." and I cried because he addressed me like family and he made me feel like a badass for having that much of an impact in your life. But what made me feel so damn amazing, three days after I took what he said and ran with it? You. You started smiling more and doing better in your classes. We started spending more time together and learning more about each other, we explored each other more through dates and couch cuddles. We empower each other everyday Ray and I cry sometimes because I am yours forever, so irrevocably and that doesn't me feel like your property or like you own me, that makes me feel loved and sheltered. You're mine babe, I'll tell you this forever and for always. Here's to growing old together. 

Your forever and always,
Mrs. Maria (Ray) Salvatino, (You don't know it yet but if you beat me to the big question, I'm going to force my name on you. I know you'd be more than proud to be one with me Mr. Ray Salvatino)

I want you to know I fall in love every time you wake me.

"Being as in love with you as I am, And with words unspoken, A silent devotion, I know you know what I mean" End Game