Chapter 5. Karaoke Fun & Movie Nights

"Finally got he little one up from her nap," Lawrence says when Daya notice us coming in.

"Finally! I thought I was going to have to pour a bucket of water in you like last time Mare," Daya smiles, I giggle.

"Warm preferably," I say getting up on the little platform.

"I wanna sing first and the first round must be anything from Ed Sheeran," I smile at Daya, she nods. I go to the middle mic we Daya picks a song for me.

"You'll be singing "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran," Daya says. I groan. "How ironic," I murmur to myself.

"She sounds amazing singing this Lawrence. You'll love it," Daya says.

"I bet she do and I know I will," He says as the music begins.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved, you wanna be loved. This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love. Settle down with me and I'll be your safety... I sing until the song ends, eyes closed smiling.

"God, I love that song," I say.

"I love when you sing that song," Daya says.

"I agree 110% on both," Lawrence says impressed, I nod twice.

"I mean I don't wanna brag you guys but yeah. I'm pretty amazing," I laugh.

"Hey don't judge Lawrence you've never heard him sing. He's pretty amazing," Daya says.

"I get to pick his song," I grin, he goes to the mic.

"Give Me Love" begins to play. He grins and begins to sing.

No I just wanna hold ya

Give a little time to me to burn this out, we'll play hide and seek to turn this around. All I want

is the taste that your lips allow my my my my oh give me love.

He sings until the song ends. I nod my head.

"Impressive," I say.

"My turn to pick Daya song," He says as Zen steps up to the third mic.

"Since I have a feeling I already know what the song choice for me. Mare I'm going I need you at the end of the song," She says, I nod and step a little closer to her mic. "You need Me" comes on and I laugh, Daya nods knowingly. She begins the song with a smile the whole song through.

"I don't need you," I sing that last part into the mic as Lawrence looks at me, I giggle.

"That was good Daya, it's my turn now. I get to pick my own song," I say smiling as I choose my song. I stand up to my mic. "Ingrid Michealson - Parachute" begins to play.

I won't tell anyone about the way you hold my hand

I won't tell anyone about the plans that we have made

I won't tell anybody, won't tell anybody

They wanna see me fall they wanna see us fall down

I don't need no parachute baby if I got you, baby if I got you I don't need no parachute

You're gonna catch me, you're gonna catch if I fall down down down

I sing softly.

"Duet time," Daya says clapping and Lawrence and I laugh.

"What shall you two sing Daya," I say.

"Not Lawrence and I. Lawrence and you," She says, I laugh. Then I notice she's serious, I laugh again.

"No- Zen! You're not serious," I exclaim.