Chapter 17. Home... forever

Chapter 17. Home (Is Wherever I'm with You)

"Mr. Big Stuff who do you think you are? Mr. Big Stuff you're never gonna get my love," I sang softly while making pancakes and biting a piece of my bacon. I spin around singing still and see Ray grinning at me.

"Great, just great! You're trying to give me a heartache, I'm so young I haven't lived a full life yet. Could you wait 'til my eighties dear," I say hand on my chest. His grin only turns into a laugh.

"That little scene there was cute. Even your rambling just a second ago," He tease and stick my tongue out at him.

"Shut it, or there'll be no pancakes for you mister. Beer tease the chef," I say sternly, he smirks.

"Yes ma'am. Chef Mare," He says taking a piece of bacon and sitting down at the table.

"So what's on the agenda today my young friend," He ask looking at the newspaper dramatically, I swat his arm.

"Quit it oldie," I giggle and he raise his hand in surrender.

"Today we will... quote on quote... go with the flow," I say dramatically.

"Gasp! There will be no such... flowing," Ray jokes with me.

"But ahh, indeed there will be." I say checking the pancakes.

"It'll be nice just hanging out, us two. We haven't done much of just hanging out with no plans since my little hang out with Drew and his friends. Seeing that, that was two weeks ago I think we've got some catching up to do,"

"I like your thinking Mare. It's a day then," He says.

4Hours Later

"So we've been wine and dined by your wonderful parents, we played football games at my place with my dad, we've did some errands for my mom and we caught up with Days life for an hour and a half. We went to the racing track again. We went to get you some more vintage tees and Polaroid film for us. Now we're eating sherbet. What's next Mare? It's your turn to lead us," Ray says.

"Hey! You didn't mention the location of which we are eating our sherbet at darling! You can't skip facts, you have to state them all if we are going to be thorough. We are eating sherbet... are our favorite part, on Days favorite slide. Then we're gonna. . . um, go hang out with the guys. If that's alright with you and them," I say taking a little spoon of his strawberry-lemon sherbet.

"Fine with me. I'll call them and keep your spoon to your sherbet Ms. Salvatino," Ray says.

___________________________________________________________

(With the Boys)

"Salvy," Tyler yells and I run into his arms.

"Ty!" I laugh when he spins me around.

"Well, I've never got this type of greeting! From any of you," Ray laughs as I move on to Joseph. I run and jump in Rays arms and hug him tightly.

"Ray! I missed you even though it's been two seconds and this whole act is fake," I say sarcastically and the boys laugh at me whilst Ray ruffles my hair and I slap his hand.

"How've you been kids. Mama missed y'all," I say smiling at them

"If it isn't that southern coming out in our little Mare," Joseph says and I curtsy.

"We're doing good. Ray hasn't been on a leash in a while so the real question is where've you been and why haven't we seen you? How you been," Tyler says nudging Rays arm.

"Hanging out with the newbies in my life and my family. I'm sorry I haven't put Ray on a leash that's really Days job. That right Mr. Ray? I like you to have your freedom," I say looking over at Ray and he nods.