Nine

Samuel and Sandra still hadn't returned from being sick.

Which made Sophie extra lonely at school. There were only so many classes she had with Tony, even though he was a very nice guy.

Aaaand there came the drama.

"I heard the new girl is dating the cute guy."

"What? I thought she was dating the brown haired boy."

"What if she's cheating on them?"

The comment cracked Sophie up.

Me? Date boys? Cheat? As if, Sophie thought to herself.

The honest best part of her day was either at lunch or at tutoring with Anna. The kid was seriously ridiculously funny.

One day she'd said her sister wasn't Elsa any more because she might kill Anna because she'd get jealous Anna was too pretty.

Another day she'd said she adopted a new sister named Bob.

And then another day she'd said that Sophie was her servant and servants are not supposed to tell you that meese isn't a word or teach you math.

And there came dropping off Anna.

"Mommy! Servants have to come wherever you go so Sophie the Servant is breaking the law! She must go to jail!"

"Uhh..." Anna's mom gave Sophie an I'm sorry look, "Have you decided what jail?"

"Hmm...maybe the one called 'Please Ship Us Your Non-meese Supporter Servant- Jail?"

"Is there even a jail called that? Hmm if there was I might go visit it and drive Sophie ther- oh, wait forget what I said." Her mom replied after looking at Sophie.

Anna and her mom lost major Sophie points there.

After that came work.

Sarah, sadly, didn't become any more interested in working.

Actually, now she ditched. Meaning she only came on Saturdays to get paid and then leave. So fair, right?

And then after work came coming home. Sophie pretended not to notice the paleness of her face every time she looked in the mirror. Or her bruise like eyes. Or just looking at her face at all, really.

She began doing these things like a robot. She was sure Keefe would've made a snarky comment.

Keefe.

The word slashed a mark in her heart. She wasn't sure to miss him or to ask him how Fitz and his family was after Alvar's Tribunal.

Fitz...

Yep, so not going there.

He'd been a loyal Cognate and an amazing friend.

But....

He'd made a mistake. And Sophie couldn't forgive him.

Or maybe.... she could. Only if he apologizes, she decided, because I'm not letting him off the hook again.

_______________

Sophie didn't get any more sleep than she usually did. Surprise, right?

Tony was super loyal even after people told him not to hang out with 'the freak.'

After that, Sophie wasn't sure she was a good friend. Not to Fitz. Not to Keefe. Especially Fitz.

She was overreacting. She would forgive him, right?

Wrong. She was staying here, no matter how difficult it is.

Tony ended up exploding things daily. Yep, it was a daily thing now.

One day he even ended up exploding a fart bomb. Guess where it landed?

On the teacher. Even from the cafeteria, the students could hear the teacher complaining how the 'kid' made her so stinky. This was how it kinda went:

"Whoa, Lacy, you've got some... strong scents..." one teacher said.

"Yea," another agreed.

"Don't even get me started on that! There was this kid in third period that decided to trigger a stink bomb and he MADE ME SO STINKY."

"Was it Tony?" One teacher asked, "because that was the guy who blew a hole in my classroom."

"Don't even get started on him either! He blew up my life with his pointless questioning!"

They'd stopped eavesdropping then because of Tony's loud cheers. He'd yelled, "Woohoo! I blew up the teacher's life!" Then Tony jumped up and down and did this weird dance.

Sophie just stared.

"I'm sure you're excited to tell Samuel and Sandra that later." Sophie said.

"You bet!" Tony replied.

"See you later," Sophie told Tony.

"Same."

___________

Later on, Tony, Sandra, and Samuel weren't at school.

Which meant that she was alone.

And the drama.

Did she ever mention drama?

Sophie sighed. She wasn't sure she liked going to school any more.

Later at work Sarah, Alex, and Henry were actually was there.

"Hey," Sarah said.

"Hi?"

"Follow me."

"Not again." Sophie said, rolling her eyes.

"I have something to show you."

"Fine."

"Close your eyes."

"What? No."

Sarah crossed her arms.

"Fine!"

Sophie closed her eyes.

"Open them now."

Sophie opened her eyes.

Instead of looking at Sarah, Henry, and Alex, she was looking at Vika, Stina, and Timkin Heks.

———————
Mwahahahaha! I loved writing this chapter. Mostly about this wonder kid Anna.

Btw (to people unfamiliar with Keeper of the lost Cities) Stina, Timkin, and Vika are not bad guys.
Well, Stina made fun of and was mean to Sophie but she's not the antagonist. The main one, no.

Timkin and Vika are Stina's parents.

Thanks and please let me know if you liked or disliked this chapter and what you liked or disliked about it.

Let me know if you're confused!

Thanks and have a great rest of your day!