Fifty-Three

"So, Sophie..." Grady said after everyone left and the door was closed, "is there something you need to tell me about? Particularly, your relationship status?"

Edaline had stayed in the room with them, sitting down on Sophie's bed after she walked around the room in circles a few times.

"You're intimidating her, silly!" Edaline told Grady, "And for the matter, we already know."

"Nope," Sophie coughed, "nothing to worry about with me."

"Oh, really? Nothing about Tha- Keefe? Or the teal eyed dude who got stuck in a chandelier? You sure?"

"Yep," Sophie tried not to laugh, "I'm very sure."

Edaline looked at Grady before he stood up and left the room, closing the door quietly.

"Spill." Edaline said, "I know. Now, which boy is it? Mothers have a sixth sense, if you didn't know. You definitely didn't know. I'm definitely not hesitating to conjure up a plate of mallowmelt and bribing you with it."

Sophie shuddered. "It's-"

Edaline cut her off. "Don't tell me it's Keefe. Please, don't tell me it's Keefe. He'll mesmerize you into doing something stupid."

"It's not Keefe." But as she said those words, she had an odd feeling. She brushed it off.

"So... have you kissed yet?" Edaline asked, "Because you're blushing more than I did at my Winnowing Galas, and that's saying a lot, because I blushed like it was the end of the world."

"No," Sophie coughed.

"Not yet," Edaline said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Sophie sighed. "I don't know. Sometimes, I feel like we're too different to be..." She trailed off.

"To be on each other's lists?" Edaline completed for her.

"Well, I guess, yeah. After all that's happened between, you know, us, the tribunal and stuff, I don't think it's going to work out. But I'm giving it a chance, because he deserves one. Me? I don't think I'll ever be matched with anyone."

Edaline took Sophie's hands in hers. "Sophie, life isn't about finding love, but love is life's gift and we treat it as a prize. Life is about finding who you truly are in the midst of all the bad things. It's about making yourself who you want to be and the best version. Even if you love someone that's not on your lists doesn't mean you can't continue loving them."

And those words hit Sophie hard.

Edaline smiled, dropped Sophie's hands, and left.

Edaline was right. Be who you want. Do what you do. Love who you love.

She was never going to forget that.

(A/N: This would've made a nice end to this book... but no.)
_________

Sophie tilted her head back, looking at Silveny's babies Luna and Wynn. As a family, the group of alicorns were the sweetest thing Sophie had ever seen.

"This might be the most relaxing day I've ever had," Sophie told Keefe, who was sitting beside her under Calla's panakes tree.

"Wynn for the win! Aaaaaand Luna... for Luna!" Keefe cheered and watched the alicorn babies run away from their parents, who were overjoyed their babies were with them again.

"I feel like there's something between you and Fitzy I don't know about, Foster." Keefe turned towards her.

"Right now.. I don't even know what's between us. Are we friends? Enemies? Hopefuls? I'm not even sure. He hasn't been talking to me, saying his family is too busy adding security measurements to their house in case something happens again." Sophie said.

"And for a really long time, I thought it was just one sided feelings, but apparently not. I don't know what to do. And sometimes, I'm not sure being more than friends is good for us. Not the right choice, I mean." She continued.

She sighed. "Maybe, when the world gets a little less messier, we'll know. There are like, no clear answers out there, which makes it ninety-five percent harder. That sucks."

Keefe snorted. "Like that's going to happen anytime soon. You mean 'if' the world gets a little less messier."

"Yeah," Sophie said, "if."

They sat in silence, watching the alicorns until Keefe spoke up again.

"A nice, relaxing, peaceful day it is, you know, without the almost dying stuff." Keefe commented.

"Yeah," Sophie replied, "but don't jinx yourself. Elwin might come running any minute now."

"I think the only thing Elwin should be worried about is that you haven't visited in one. Whole. Day! He's probably worried sick about you."

"You know-" Sophie started.

"I don't know." Keefe said.

"You know what?" Sophie asked.

"What?"

"Never mind." Sophie sai

"Okay then."

They sat for a few more minutes until Keefe had to go.

"I had a great time today, Foster." Keefe told her.

"Me, too." Sophie agreed, "Have you ever liked someone without knowing you like them back? It's so complicating that it gives me a headache..."

"Yeah, Foster. I have."

And with that, Keefe glittered away, the sad smile on his face meaning more than Sophie thought it did.
_________

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Now that, my friends, is the last chapter of Impossible.

Well, the epilogue will connect this book to Legacy. And I hope you guys know this book is my version of Flashback. Just, like, ten thousand more twists and different things and all that stuff.

BUT WAIT!!! THERE IS AN EPILOGUE (next part). SO PLEASE DON'T X OUT OF THIS YET!!!!!!!

I love Impossible, but I'm going to let it shine on its own.

I hope you guys liked the way I waltzed out of the last chapter. I love you guys.

And for the people who are reading this after this has been completed - you're lucky. My friends Multiple_Fandoms_Fan  and @BookLoverforever27 weren't so lucky.

I hope you guys have an AWESOME day!!! Please vote, comment, and share. Every single one means a lot to me.

And thanks so much for 11k+ reads!!!!!

I'm literally crying.

I love you. Don't forget that. Send me a PM or pop in on my message board to let me know if you liked this book!

I better stop crying....

Somerandomhuman88