Twenty-One

"Right now? But school is on hiatus."

"Well... this has something to do with the school being on hiatus. You friends will not join you because Magnate Leto requested a private meeting."

"Well, then, let's go!" Sophie said, really, really, trying to hide the fact that a private meeting was very odd and something bad must have happened.

"Oh. He requested a private meeting, so I can't go with you, sadly." Grady said.

"But make sure to fill us in on what happened. Well, as much as Leto will let us know." Edaline added.

Giving her parents a hug and promised that she would, Sophie glittered away to Foxfire.

In the halls of the school, Sophie found it really weird that it was silent. Keefe would've joked about it.

Speaking of Keefe... wait... isn't it him right there?

Sophie's eyes were staring at a corner of the hallway where there was a tall guy with blonde hair standing there, facing away form her.

I wonder what he's doing, Sophie though to herself, I thought no one was allowed in school since the school was on hiatus.

Sophie crept up behind Keefe until she whispered, "What the heck are you doing here?"

The look on Keefe's face was priceless. For one thing, he jumped so high into the air that he probably hit the ceiling. Actually, have him bonk his head. Serves him right for just being at a school that's on hiatus.

There was also a look of shock. Probably either because he'd been found or something else.

"What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first."

"Well, I got here first."

Sophie crossed her arms. "I asked you first. And I probably won't feel bad if I inflict." Sophie said, trying very hard to grin evilly. She actually probably would feel bad if she did inflict on Keefe. But she kinda needed to know why he was here.

"Ugh, Foster. Why did you have to use this against me? Or maybe I can resign being president of the Foster Fan Club."

"I actually would be okay if you resigned. By the way, I'm getting ready to inflict. Make sure to be grateful that I warned you."

"Fine. Forklenator wanted to meet with me. Alone."
_________
"What?" Sophie said, "There's got to be a mistake."

"Nah. Even though I'm sixteen and have the most AWESOME hair, my hearing is better than a child's!"

"Maybe because you are a child. A three year old. Act your age."

"Sorry, I've never been this age before. I don't know how to act my age."

"Sounds about right," said another voice that easily could be recognized as Fitz's.

"Uh-oh. Don't tell me it's someone else here for a meeting." Sophie said without turning around at all.

"Unfortunately, yes. It's Fitzy." Keefe said.

"What meeting?" Fitz asked.

"Look, Fitzy, you can stop playing dumb now. We know, well, I'd say Foster knew, but shush, that you're here for a request from Forklenator that you should be here for a private meeting that's not private anymore because there are three of us here and only one of Forkle so therefore we'll probably have the meeting together unless he says that we'll have them separately but fat chance that'll happen, anyone agree?" Keefe said all in one breath.

"That was one long sentence." Sophie said.

"Yea," Fitz agreed.

"But does anyone agree?"

"I have no idea what you actually said. All I knew that it sounded like one sentence. But knowing what Keefe usually says, I don't agree."

"I'm going neutral because I really, really am confused on what the heck y'all are talking about so.. I'll just be here. Listening. Don't mind me."

"Don't be like that, Foster! We all know that you love me. And I'm the best. It's just stating the obvious."

"I knew you don't know how to act your age!" Sophie said.

"You just figured out? Late bloomer, I see," Keefe replied.

"Does he always act this way?" Sophie asked Fitz, "Just asking because he looks pretty mature but know that I know him I think there are wild beasts that are more mature than him."

"I'll just try not to mention that you don't understand even half of wild beasts' languages so..." Fitz said.

"Shush it." Sophie said, blushing, "You know what I meant."

"I didn't." Keefe said. "No, really," Keefe said after Sophie gave him an I'm serious look.

"And you said I was the late bloomer." Sophie said, annoyed.

"Good morning. I apologize for the sudden notice for the meeting, but there's been a change of plans." Forkle said, popping out of nowhere.
___________

Hi!
Thank you guys so much for reading my book. It means so much to me that you guys are voting and commenting.

Thank you to all my commenters - dauntlessbornKotlc , KOTLCfan4life , davidaly000 , and BookDevil77.

Thank you to all my readers. You guys are seriously the best. There are too many to count!

Aand that brings us back to the outstanding number of reads we have! 1.11k as of right now!

And yes. I just needed the chapter like that. Don't worry, the book has NOT ended! There are, like, a lot more chapters to go!

Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Have a great rest of your day!

Somerandomhuman88