Sixteen

A/N: Btw, I am showing no mercy for cliffhangers. I am evil and I take pride in it!

Now that you've finished yelling about how the world has blessed you by meeting an evil author, you shall continue on with the book.
____________
"Why are you looking at me like that?" Bronte asked.

"Huh?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Sophie was baffled. Wait... so he didn't hear?

Sophie grasped for words.

"I- uh, well- erm- why can't I look at you like that?"

"Point made. Ok, I'll be leaving." Bronte said as he glittered away.

"Uh... I should get going." Sophie said, trying to escape all the stares.

Her trying went to waste. Everyone's eyes whipped to her.

Then more yelling came.

"Back to Havenfield!"

"Well, duh!"

"Or she could spend time at Calla's Panakes tree."

"No, she should spend it tomorrow!"

"It's already so late though."

"Look, early afternoon is not late."

"I will not look!"

"How dare yo- wait, where's Sophie?"

"I don't know."

"Sophie's gone. She left. Why is she gone?"

"Pah. You're the one asking me. I don't know."

Sophie was gone.
____________

Should I even be away from Havenfield? Sophie asked herself while running away from Tribunal Hall.

Stopping at a secluded corner, she thought to herself, they weren't paying attention. It's school, anyway. Who forbid me to go to school? Well, I'd actually be glad if someone forbade me to go to school. Actually, no. Then I'd have to do homework at home alone. Ugh. Why am I even talking to myself? I must stop this rant.

Sophie took a deep breath and glittered away to Foxfire's gleaming halls.
___________
Walking through the hallways, she smelled something odd.

Nothing that smelled good, anyway.

Oh no, she thought to herself, this must be Keefe's handiwork. I didn't know he literally recreated the Great Gulon Incident for me. I'll get him back later.

Speed-walking through the halls in order to get to her destination, she saw a shadow.

He (or she thought was a boy) was tall, was flipping through a book of some sort, and obviously was nervous.

He didn't even look like he was reading the book.

Curious about who this elf was, Sophie crept silently closer.

She wished she could conjure a pan. To hit the person with.

For some reason, the mysterious person had a pan.

Who carries a pan with them? Sophie thought to herself, but I wish I carried a pan with me.

Pans are nice, she thought to herself, they don't hurt me. Yes, they're pretty. Very, very pretty. Pretty enough to not hurt me with. I can inflict, too. Ok, I'm safe. No need to worry.

She was worried.

The elf asked "Who's there?!"

"Uhh... me!"

"Who's me?"

"Ummm... Sophie Foster? Status: alive. I'd like for it to stay that way. Or if I died, I wouldn't want my death reason to be "hit by pan," even if it sounds funny."

"Sophie?"

Sophie inches closer and closer to the figure and saw Dex. The same one that signed up to be Anna.

"What are you doing here?" Both of them asked at the same time.

"Uh, you first." Dex said

"Well," Sophie said. Hurry up and think, Sophie thought to herself, how do you explain that you're here to do something you're not allowed to do?

"Well what?"

"I was here to see how much the school changed even since I left." Sophie lied.

"Couldn't you do it tomorrow when there's school?"

As much as a good friend you are, Sophie thought, but you're not scoring Friend points.

"I was so excited to see school after this time."

"Have you been living under a rock all this time to be excited to be at school?" Dex asked skeptically.

Sophie tried to laugh. "He-he. Yep."

"Why are you here?"

"Just wanted to pick up a few books. Anyway, I have to go. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Dex said.

Sophie told Dex goodbye and he did the same.

After Dex glittered away, Sophie sighed.

Now it was time to do something secretive that she hoped no one would find out about.
__________
"Where in the world does he keep the books?" Sophie muttered to herself.

She had decided to gather some information about the symbol the Neverseen had sent her on her doorstep in the Forbidden Cities.

After a break from the Neverseen, their moonlark must get back to work.

They must never win.

Ever.
______
Yes. I did end the chapter like that.

Don't worry, there's gonna be more chapter endings like this.

#rebelsophie is becoming a thing!

I may have made Sophie a rebel in this Fanfiction.

Sorry, not sorry. :p

I know most readers don't like the Neverseen in Fanfictions, but I'm trying to make this book as interesting a possible. I've been losing very many views. About 100 on the first chapter and less than 10 on the latest one.

Another thing to wrap up this very long author's note:

Please comment on this. Anybody. Everybody. I want to know who's reading this book. Thank you. You deserve to be shouted out.

Thank you so much for reading.

Love your comments and votes.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

(You click the star at the bottom to vote. Those are greatly appreciated!)

You guys are the best.

Somerandomhuman88