Twenty

The next few days were hectic.

Everyone wanted to go to the meeting.

But not everyone could go because they were trying to limit their group.

They decided to narrow it down to Fitz, Sophie, and Biana.

Sophie- because what the Neverseen wanted happened to always revolve around Sophie.

Fitz - because he finally convinced them to let him go with his biggest argument - "But we're Cognates!"

And last was Biana, which caused a bunch of grumbling from Keefe. They let Biana go just in case they had to send a message or go invisible at any time.

This was the plan made after eight days of arguing.

Eight days just for arguments.

On the other days, Sophie and her friends were at Havenfield to discuss what to say.

Keefe suggested saying something funny.

Biana argued that saying something funny would make them look weak.

Fitz said to say something that would catch them off guard.

Sophie ignored all of them and said "Maybe we could have them start talking."

They all have Sophie questioning looks until Fitz asked, baffled, "Why?"

"Because they were the ones that asked for the meeting. If we start it, it'll make them think that we were desperate for a meeting too, which we are. If we act like we didn't want the meeting, they won't suspect that we were on to them for a very long time."

Both Biana and Fitz agreed, but Keefe said, "I still think you should start off funny. Or maybe- OOH! Or even better - they could start funny! I still don't think they have a sense of humor though. Maybe they could surprise y'all! Ooh! Maybe me, Tam, Dex, and Linh could get together! We're all a part of the no-one-is-letting-us-go-talk-to-the-bad-guys-but-we-get-to-have-fun- crew!"

"Uh... cool."

"Nice."

"Awesome."

"See you guys tomorrow?"

"Yep. See you!"

"Bye!"

Laying on her bed, Sophie thought, What if the Neverseen never wanted a meeting at all?

What if they wanted us the request a meeting?

What if this is all a mistake?
_______
Jolting awake, Sophie wiped the sweat off of her forehead.

It was just a dream.

She had no idea why she had dreamt of unicorns and cats taking over the world. It definitely was a dream.

As she got ready, Sandor was at her door.

"Lady Ruewen said that your school is on hiatus."

"WHAT?"

"Lady Ruewen said that your school is on hiatus."

Sophie slammed the door shut again, and then looked in her room.

The school's on hiatus - what the heck?

Sophie tried to calm down and thought of theories.

Maybe Keefe exploded something? Or maybe I just don't have to go to school. Or perhaps I heard wrong? No, that's no possible. Sandor repeated it! Twice! Of course there would be no mistake!

Maybe Dex hacked into the school and turned off everything? Just not what she really wanted to think about.

She had a theory- the one that made most sense.

But was it correct?

Knock, knock.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Sophie called, surprised that there was someone outside the door.

The door clicked open and she found her parents standing there.

"So you heard from Sandor that the school was on hiatus, right?" Grady asked the same time Edaline said, "The school closed, if you haven't heard."

They shared an odd look before turning back to Sophie.

"Yes. I heard. From Sandor. When I was about to go out."

Grady, surprisingly, said "How did he word it?" instead of asking where and why she needed to go.

"He just said 'Lady Ruewen said that your school is on hiatus.'"

They shared another odd look before Edaline asked, "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what? That Keefe blew something up? Because I'd like to miss school because of that. If not, this is kinda... really, creeping me out. The looks y'all are sharing are so weird. Like. Super. Weird."

"Well, honey, Keefe didn't blow up anything."

"Phew."

"But.. we have to tell you something."

"Tell me what? That I don't have to stay here all day long?" Sophie asked excitedly.

"No. We're here to tell you that Mr. Forkle wants to meet you at school. Right. Now." Grady said in a tone that worried and frightened Sophie.
___________
Hey!

I'm starting a new book, later on. Thank you guys so much for 1k reads! Never thought I would get this much!

You guys are the best, even if some of you guys don't vote or comment, I still appreciate you guys.

I'm trying to update as often as I can. I am sorry for the weird updating schedule.

Updates should be more frequent because I got a new phone. I used to use my mom's phone and sometimes she needed it so I couldn't write the chapters. I also can update more frequently because of summer vacation in a few weeks. Not going on vacation anywhere but we'll probably have family day outs (that is, if Corona gets any better).

Thanks again and don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Somerandomhuman88