Fourteen

"Are you excited?" Keefe asked Sophie.

"What would I be excited about?"

"Your Tribunal!" Keefe replied.

"Oh, yes! I almost forgot!" She transmitted an I did not forget to everyone else in the room. Just not including Keefe.

"Nope. Not excited."

"Why not?"

"...because I might get exiled?" Sophie said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Who wants to be exiled?" Sophie asked. "Not me."

"But.. think about all the good things about Tribunals!"

"Hmm..." Sophie said, "I don't think there are any good things about Tribunals."

"Well... for one, you get to see someone get scolded by the Councillo-" Keefe started.

"That's a good thing for being in the audience. How fun is it for being the one the Tribunal is hosted for?"   Fitz cut in.

"Oh, wait! Wrong list. Ok, Foster, one good thing about being the Tribunal person is that they get to fight with the Councillors."

"You have a point there." Sophie said, mildly impressed.

"See? Foster agrees with me!"

"Does she have a choice to not agree with you?" Biana muttered, but everyone could hear her.

"I hate when you're right." Keefe said.

"Me too!" Fitz agreed.

"Do you like it when I'm wrong?"

"Pfft, that's all the time!"

"No it's not!"

"I have proof!"

"Pah, that's useless proof!"

"Who agrees Keefe is annoying?"

"Me!"

"Same!"

"Me too!"

"Yes!"

"How dare you, Foster!"

"What did I do?"

"Weren't you the only who agreed that I was annoying?"

"No..."

"Then who was it?"

"Biana or Linh, I think."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome?"

Keefe grinned. "It's time to chase Biana."

"ACTUALLY," a loud voice boomed, "It's time for the Tribunal to start."

All of the guests looked up and saw Emery, who did not look like he was joking. It was time for the Tribunal to start.
____________
"I regret coming here." Whined Keefe.