Thirty-Three

As Sophie opened her mouth to say something, Elwin cut her off. "First of all, no guilt. You know how much it can damage us. Give me your word, Keefe. Now."

"But..." Keefe started.

"Did I stutter?" Elwin asked. Sophie did not like scary Elwin. Sophie had never seen Elwin like that before.

"Fine, fine. You have my word."

Sophie was thinking about something else. "Did you not tell him we have Alvar? Forkle has him!"

"You see..." Keefe said, turning back to his joking self, "I kinda forgot that part."

Sophie sighed, "Did he tell you where he was?" She asked.

"If he did, I would've been long gone by now."

Sophie was glad he didn't go looking for Fitz, because then they'd be stuck with two missing guys on the loose.

"So how do we find him?" Sophie asked Elwin.

"Hey, don't look at me, I'm totally the one with the super nice telepathic powers that can connect to Vacker boy." Keefe said while Sophie looked at him.

"Let's look at all our good things before we talk about the nice bunch of problems we have, shall we? We shall. Good things.... there aren't very many to count, sadly. We found wat icky stuff was on Foster and Fitzy, nice, and we also- OH WAIT!" Keefe stopped, "I know something!"

"Nice, now please share it with us, very much appreciated." Sophie said, being a little impatient.

"I know how we can find Fitzy boy. We have to find the Neverseen."
___________
(Not over yet! But nice cliffhanger that would be... what a shame)

"Think about it! There were mechanical particles in the orb-y thingies, like Lady Cadence said. Meaning that if it's a real tracker, they have the other end. Meaning they can track the Fitzter."

"Oh, I see so many holes in that plan, Mr. Sencen." Forkle called from inside the Healing Center, "like where exactly the Neverseen is."

"We don't have much time to wait until the try to kill us again. Think about it- the boy's gonna die out there alone with an injured leg and, apparently, no brain!" Elwin cried.

"Calm down, Elwin. He's going to be fine..." Sophie trailed off, hoping she was telling the truth. She was comforting herself more than Elwin, but they both needed the hope. But not false hope, yet hope has not yet been lost.

"Wouldn't Tinker be able to track it? It has mechanical parts, and maybe she'll be able to track it..." Sophie asked.

"I'm in doubt that will work, Miss Foster, but we need to give everything a try. We need to find this boy. Fast."
___________

They walked into the mechanical headquarters of the Black Swan's Techopath. The gears could be felt very clearly, along with the large bump-a-rump sound of them turning.

"Tinker! Where are you?" Mr.Forkle called.

"Yes?" She replied, walking into the room while still looking at the device of which she was holding.

"We need you to track something," Forkle said, handing a sample of the chemical, and close-up, you could see the miniature particles of the tracker.

"Where'd you get that?" Sophie asked.

"I have my ways, Miss Foster. The finding of your friend is much, much more important than trust issues."

"Follow me?" Tinker asked while leading them to a room with visible turning gears.

They followed her into the room and saw her insert the sample into a long, large cylinder connected to a computer-like device. Tinker typed some words onto it, and then again and again until she gave the news.

She shook her head, and that's when Sophie saw it in her face.

Fitz couldn't be tracked without finding the Neverseen.
____________

(Again, that would be a nice cliffhanger but isn't.. shameful.)

As Sophie walked up to Calla's tree, she sat there with a heavy heart. She couldn't look at anything again if they lost Fitz.

Edaline, inside the glittering house, or castle, to put it better, waved Sophie to come in the house.

She brushed her hands on her shirt and walked into Havenfield.

"Yes? Hello?" Sophie called.

"In the kitchen!" Grady called.

Sophie made her way into the kitchen and saw Grady there, clutching a black scroll.

He showed her an unfamiliar symbol with a dreaded look in his face. Edaline's face fell when she saw the scroll while taking a seat at the table.

"It's them. The Neverseen. They're back at it again." Grady said.
__________
Okay, now this is the real cliffhanger. The cliffhanger of all cliffhangers. We'll have more of these in the future, don't worry!

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

I'm thinking of signing this book for the Watty Awards. It's an award you can get for your book, and I'm entering it through the Fanfiction genre.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me.

Thank you @BookLoverforever27!

Thanks (again) and have a nice day!