CH. 13 - Poison

[Y/N]

I went to find Kuina with Usagi and Arisu before heading to Chishiya. Suguru was fast asleep that we couldn't wake him up.

We headed to Chishiya's room and Arisu immediately told them what happened. "I already know." Chishiya said after Arisu.

"How?" We both said in sync. "Because I'm a militant and we had a meeting earlier. Hatter said that Aguni died and they're still finding out how and why." He sighed.

"And you. Why did you didn't come at the meeting earlier, [Y/N]? You're supposed to be there since you are a militant." He coldly said.

"I am in my room and no one came to tell me that there is a meeting." I retorted back with a blank face. "That's not enough reason." He stated. Kuina and the others were getting impatient to us.

I smiled bitterly to him before answering. "Then why did you didn't come and tell me?" I asked, made him sigh a little. "That's not my job and you shou—"

"I never said it is." I interrupted.

"Did we came here just to watch you guys fight?" Kuina said with annoyed face. "No, not at all." Chishiya said and glared at me.

"Then what are we going to do about it? I'm sure there's something happening in the Beach." She added and crossed her arms. Arisu and Usagi remained silent, waiting for answers.

"Where did they found Aguni?" I blankly asked. "They said they found him on his way to the Beach from the game." Arisu exclaimed. "Who found him?" I asked, again.

"Two of his militants. Shin and Tatsuya. They're on their way to their games when they saw him." He added.

"Where are they?"

"They're on the game right now. But before they go, they called some of the militants first."

It doesn't help a lot.

Yuki knocked the door and entered while catching his breath. "Hatter wants to have a meeting." He exclaimed. "Now?" Chishiya and I asked. "Yes!"

We both left the room and went together to the meeting. "Stop glaring at me." I said and looked at him. He immediately looked away as I caught him. "I wasn't." He huffed and put his hands in his jacket.

We walked, hurriedly, but we kept quiet. "What? Are you mad?" He suddenly asked and I can feel his eyes on me without even facing him.

"I'm not." I shortly replied. "I'm not means yes to me." He joked which wasn't that very funny. I rolled my eyes before looking at him. "Do you think I'll kill Aguni, jerk?" I asked and walked faster. "No."

"No means yes to me." He smirked as usual before we entered. "I'm glad you can come." Hatter said with his eyes laid on me. "Yeah. Why no one came to tell me that there was a meeting earlier?" I said in mad tone, like how I usually spoke with him.

"I'm sorry for that, I'll make sure that'll not going to happen again." He smiled and proceeded to what he was about to say.

"We know now how Aguni died." He said in serious tone and glance down. "So how did he died?" I impatiently asked.

"Ann found a poison on his body!" He exclaimed. "Probably he got it in the game. I guess the game was quite hard for him." He added.

"That doesn't make any sense." I said and groaned. "I don't think it's from the game. Because if it is, he didn't have a chance to get back on his way here." I exclaimed. "I guess...you can't think of any excuses that caused his death so you can hide the fact that you're innocent and even if you're not...no one is able to come after you since you're that powerful?" I added while Chishiya smirked.

"It's alright Hatter! That's what you did to my father too!" I smiled and chuckled. "You cannot lie to me anymore." I snickered and looked to everyone.

"In short, Hatter kill himself his very own friend. Maybe with poison, maybe with knife, maybe with gun. Who knows? He can't even show us Aguni's body. It's better if you ask him yourself." I smiled and looked at him one more time before leaving.

Chishiya clicked his tongue and smiled before leaving as well. "You're bold, huh?" He said, chuckling. "Maybe?" I said, laughing as well.

"You know now? I'm not the one who killed Aguni. And in the first place, I already knew it's Hatter, but I don't know his motive." I shrugged and went back to others.

"What did they say?" Arisu asked. Yuki and the others have pay their attention as we entered. "Hatter killed him." I said and sat down at the bed. "What? What do you mean?" He asked while the others are confused too.

"He was trying to say that Aguni died from the game when it turns out he's the one who killed him." I lazily uttered. "Huh? How can you be so sure?" Usagi added.

I turned my gaze to her and bitterly smiled. "That's what he did to my father. And even a 5 year-old kid could tell that he's lying." I chuckled. "You can ask him yourself to be sure." I tilted my head and smiled.

"That's impossible, why would he kill Aguni?" Kuina added. I looked at her intensely without her noticing my anger. "It's not impossible. Nothing is impossible to a murderer." I snickered before I looked away.

"Well, we don't have to fight about this. What can we do? He's dead." Chishiya half-shrugged before sitting.

The TV suddenly lit up exactly after Chishiya sat. "What's that?" I asked and stood up from sitting. "Ten of Hearts."

"Witch Hunt."

They all stood up from their sits after they heard the voice spoke. The voice was explaining the rules of the games and how it has to be cleared. The people was running to the corridors, probably heading to the lobby.

"[Y/N]!" I heard Kuina called out my name as I snapped out of my thoughts and observing the surroundings. "This is not easy so stop spacing out there!" She exclaimed.

"W-wait, Suguru. I need to go first, I'll meet you in the lobby!" I yelled and immediately went to my room.

"Suguru!" I called out and no one answered. "Hey! Suguru! The Beach is a game arena. We need to play, now!" I yelled, again.

As I realized that no one responded, I freaked out immediately. I checked the bathroom and no one was there. My room was a whole mess. I pulled the blanket and saw none. None but a blood.

"Fuck, Suguru." I muttered underneath my breath and ran again to find him. The fear and hopeless flooded my mind, making me unable to think correctly.

I went down to the lobby to find him, but I only saw Yuki out there. "Yuki! Did you see Suguru?!" I yelled, my tears were now running down to my cheeks.

"I haven't, I'm sorry. What happened, [Y/N]-san?" He worriedly asked as he saw me crying. "I came to my room to check and wake him up, but no one is there and there's a fucking blood in my bed!" I said, sobbing.

"What?! L-let's find him!" He said. Before we leave the lobby, we grabbed each phone and I thought of grabbing one for Suguru too. "Let's go."

We checked every rooms of every floor. "Where the fuck are they?!" I exclaimed. "I think Chishiya-san and the others are planning to steal the cards." He said, catching his breath. "What the fuck?! Now?!" I yelled and kept looking at each rooms.

We went to another floor to check. "Kuina!" I yelled as soon as I saw her. "Hey!" She rushed towards me and fixed my hair as I catch my breath. "Suguru is not in my room, I think something is happening here!"

"What?! Where the fuck is he?!" She asked and looked at Yuki. "[Y/N]-san said there's a blood on her bed when she checked." He stated.

"For real?!" She said, in shocked. I nodded in response, still catching my breath. "Where are they?" I asked and checked each room again. The people was running for their lives. Some of the militants were shooting them. "Chishiya is on Hatter's room, I don't know where's Arisu and Usagi." She explained.

Where the fuck are you, Suguru?