12

(Late update. I know. Bare with me. Days are not that good recently. )

Mew pov.

"Son! "

I frowned walking inside my home to find my mother standing in my living room as she owns it.

This woman.

I held gulf hand as we walked inside together.

"What are you doing here...Mother?" I asked.

She is the last person I am expecting in my house.

"What? Can a mother not visit her son? " he asked in a motherly tone. Which I know is fake.

"I don't have time for this. You can leave if you don't have anything important to tell. " I spoke, desperately waiting for her to walk away.

"That's not how you talk to your mother, boy?"  She tried to sound calm but I can see her losing temper.

She never losses her cool in front of anyone but when it's come to me. She has a hard time holding her temper.

That's the main reason I moved out of the mansion where my family lives. I love them. I love my grandparents. My brother is cool and so is his wife. I love their twins too. But my parents, I  don't think I like them. They are so pushy. From my childhood they always wanted me to do what they said. As a kid, I did everything they said.  But when I entered high school. Everything changed. I realised that I never really liked the things my parents ask me to do. Then I started doing things in my way going against their decisions. Like. Choosing to study music instead of business and a lot more things like that.

Then my mom got to know that I am not her little boy who doesn't go against her decisions. She tried to make things go her way. But I never gave her a chance. For making me accept this marriage..she went as far as threaten to disown me.

I am not 10 years old to fall for that disowning thing. I can live on my own from what I made but she is a cunning woman. She could destroy the reputation that I worked hard for all years with a clap. So. I had agreed to this marriage thing.

"Yes, mother, Thats not how people talk to their mothers but I will. Because you are not like all moms"  I said not even faking respect like I did all these years.

"Son!  She shouted but I just looked away.

She stood silent for a few seconds trying to calm down before she spoke.

"I was here to invite you to the birthday party of the twins but I don't want to see you there anymore" she spoke like I am begging her to invite me.

"Thank you very much. The feeling is mutual. " I replied.

"You - " she stopped and staring at our hands holding each other.

Gulf leaned into me just to bother her and I played along by putting my hand around his waist.

"This is why I wanted you to marry Jess. I hoped he could teach you some manners and make you listen to your mother,"  she said looking at me disappointed.

I rolled my eyes at her act.

"People make mistakes mother. This is the best mistake you have ever done " I said kissing gulf's head.

"Now what. Acting like a happy couple in love? " she scoffed in disbelief.

"Oh yeah! You got that right. Congratulations! " gulf butted in making me laugh.

I was wondering why he was silent for that long.

"No way!"  She looked at us like we have grown an extra head.