21

Gulf pov.

How could this be possible?

I haven't spoken to my dad for years and he is now gone. Just like that.

Mew pulled over at our mansion. We climbed out of the car.

I don't want to go in there.

"Babe...I am here. " Mew put his hand around my shoulder kissing my head.
That made my tears fall again.

We walked into the mansion.

There it is. My dad. Placed in an open coffin. Jasmine held on to her brother Jas crying. My stepmother is sobbing. There is no one to hold her. I felt sorry for her for the first time. She may have not liked me but she always loved my dad.

The people who worked at our mansion for a very long stood at the side of the room letting the tears slip now and then. There are almost 12 closer people to our family standing there with sad faces. Mr. and Mrs. Suppasit are two of them. 

Mr. Suppasit nodded at mew once we entered the room and gave a look of sympathy. Even Mrs.Suppasit looked kinda sad. 

Tears slipped from my eyes soon turned into sobs as I saw my dad. Its looks like he is just sleeping. Mew put a hand around my shoulder bringing a near letting me cry on his shoulder.

Jas and Jasmine walked to us after few minutes. Mew took his hand around me letting Jasmine hug me tightly crying into my chest.

We are not that close. But still looked after each other when needed. We used to close when I lived here. She was a little girl back then. After I moved out there was this unspoken distance between us. She used to try talking to me when I come over for dinner. But I did not get closer to her. I was like that back then. Mad at everyone.

She was close to my dad. Losing your dad a teen's worst. The dad you love most.

There were no words spoken between my sister and me. We just hugged consoling each other. She stood back sniffing when after few minutes.

What I did not expect is a hug from Jess. I hugged him back uncertainly. It was a quick hug. But still...We are not close. We almost hate each other. May be, used to

As the hours passed, It became dawn.  People started visiting. My dad's close friends and his family. Few people from the company came too.

Hours passed like minutes.

Everything was happening fastly.  The media was waiting outside the mansion ready to take pictures and videos.

Soon...It became noon. We are in the car to the cemetery.

Mew did not speak a lot. But he constantly hugged me, kissing my head. Holding my head.  I am grateful for that

"Babe...It's going to be. I am here. Okay?"  He squeezed my hand lightly to get my attention.

I turned to look at him and nodding slowly. He gave me a comforting smile taking my hand to kiss it. 

Then we reached the cemetery.  There are a lot of people in here. Hundreds of people. We made our way to the place where my dad was about to be buried.

My stepmother is sobbing so is my sister. Jess has a hard time holding both of him. So. I went to hold my sister as she once again hugged me tightly and sobbed.

It did not take a long time to bury my father and finish the rituals.

Robert Kanawut
1965-2021

They attached pictures of my mom and dad's wedding. One with me as 5 years kid with mom and dad. The other two are of his current family.

People started leaving. Family members hugged my step-mother then Jass&Jess lastly me. After few minutes there were only us here along with Mr & Mrs.