27 [M]

Gulf pov...

"Stop looking at me like that" I whined looking away from mew.

Mew has been giving me that look from the second I said we can have sex today.

Currently, We are eating our dinner at the table like usual.

"You remember the first day you came here after the wedding?" Mew asked.

"Yeah. You asked me if we could have sex. Like...What?! " I snorted exclaiming.

Mew laughed at that.

"I just tried my luck. I did not really expect you to agree or something " Mew replied defensively but still smiling.

"You were an asshole," I said rolling my eyes at him as I chewed the food.

Mew did not object this time.

"I was really attracted to you from day one" Mew said making me look at him curiously.

"Tell me about it" I asked turning my attention to him.

"I was so fucking tired and bored. I just wanted to get over whatever wedding my mother planned. So, I can get back to my life without her coming after me every day. " mew started. I listened to every word he spoke attentively.

"Then I casually looked up and saw you sitting there at the front row smiling. You looked so handsome right there." Mew said with a dreamy look. My heart did some little flips at that look on mew face.

"I was like 'oh, Isn't that the stepbrother of the guy I am going to marry' " mew said like he was really disappointed that I was not one he was going to marry.

"Then..." I urged him to go on.

"Then I thought ' ahh, I should court this guy after I divorce Jess after a year or some' " Mew said making me look at him with wide eyes.

" Really, Being with Jess was never your plan," I asked. It really made me feel good to hear that.

"I just agreed to marry him to make my mother leave me alone. I should have divorced him after few months, however." Mew replied with a shrug like it was nothing.

"So...Did you plan to sleep with him or something?" I asked gradually biting my tongue inside my mouth not looking at mew.

"I mean. If he was down for that. Why not?"Mew said making me look at him in a flash with a hard look.

Then he burst out laughing.

"I was just kidding." He said in the middle of laughter.

I stabbed the chicken looking at him with narrow eyes.

"I don't see how you are kidding. You have only one bedroom and bed " I said.

He stopped laughing then cleared his throat like was gonna do a big reveal.

"Ok...I may or may not have ordered an extra mattress" he replied innocently.

"But...But...You said there was only one bed. You literally gave me no choice but to share the bed with you "I asked bewildered.

He cleared his throat again.

"Come on, babe I was trying my chances. " Mew explained like it was obvious.

"You..." I shook my head at him. No words.

"When I saw you walking down the aisle. I legit thought I was dreaming. I was gawking at you a minute back then there was you walking to me with those flowers in your hands. So pretty. " Mew said that dreamy look back on his face.