25

Mew is silent after hearing everything gulf explained.

Jess and his step-mother sat there nervously like mew gonna point a gun at their head anytime. Gulf wondered if jess told her step-mother about mew killing someone behind the bar jess went to before their dad's death.

That would be the only explanation for their weird behavior around mew. More like scared around mew.

"Can I see that file?" Mew asked pointing at the file sat on the table in front of them.

Gulf leaned to take the file from the table without waiting for anyone's reply and handed them to mew.

Mew smiled as gulf scooted closer to look into the file he is holding. Mew went through them partially before looking up to speak to the elder woman.

"I need to make sure these are decent with my lawyer. We will get back to you after a week or some. " Mew replied closing the file as he spoke. 

"what? w-why one week?" That woman tried to say in a demanding tone but ended up stuttering nervously when mew looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Gulf asked looking at his step-mother, completely annoyed.

"You don't need 1 week for your lawyer to get through that file. It will be done in a day. 1 week is too late "  The only woman in the room talked looking at gulf with a distaste.

"Actually, Mrs. Kanawut. It's too soon if you ask me. It's not been more than a month since Uncle Robert passed away. You are too eager to pass the shares to your children. Aren't you?" Mew said with a suspicious look making her even more nervous.

she gulped hiding her nervousness. She looked at them to reply against mew accusation. But mew beat her in the conversation.

"If gulf wanted, he could just not sign the papers and take over the company like everyone wants after he finished his studies. So, Its gulf decision. He can take his time to make it. You will have no say in it. " Mew replied not so nicely.

That made the elder woman shut her mouth completely and nod with lips set in a straight line.

"Mom! "  Jasmine walked into the room with drinks calling after her mom.

"I brought you guys drinks," Jas said showing them the tray of glasses filled with orange juice that she is holding in her hands.

"You are sitting in this room for a long time. What are even talking about? You left me alone back there." She said her lips forming into an unnoticeable pout.

Gulf laughed lightly and patted the space beside him asking her to come over and sit on the other side of him.

"We are just about come out "  Gulf replied to his sister.

"Here " she handed a glass to gulf and another to mew. She set the tray at the table after she took a glass for herself.

"What? Where is mine?"  Jess asked looking at his younger sister even though there are 2 more glasses left on the tray.

He is mad that she did not hand him as he did to his step-bother and his husband.

"Don't you have hands?"  Jas retorted sticking her tongue at jess like a good respectful sibling she is.

Jess made a funny face at her and took a glass himself.

"Are you staying, gulf?"  Jas asked as she sipped her drink.

"No Jas " Gulf smiled sadly when he saw the disappointed look on her sister.

"But mom said you are staying last time?"  She asked.