𝟬𝟱 || 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝘃𝗶𝘃𝗼𝗿𝘀

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 05 , survivors

warnings : alcohol use, abuse, slight angst, mild violence

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝my heart is buried in venice,
waiting for someone to take it home❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Resting after being prodded and pried about your powers by a fascinated Hange all day, you sat back in your bed and looked to the ceiling. The constant exhaustion of the Scouts didn't fit your old lifestyle.  You used to be able to work on your own terms, accepting jobs from clients when you wished, as you wished.  Now, there was a chain of command, and Elisha and you were at the bottom.  You couldn't help but feel like you were being held captive, after all, if you disobeyed they could turn you in.

As if on que, the door barged open. At the door, a rosy-cheeked Elisha stood grinning at you, clearly tipsy. Now wouldn't be the time to talk to her about anything too serious.

"y/n, you have to come and join the party downstairs! Everyone's celebrating Historia's coronation!" she exclaimed, buzzing.
"I'd rather not be hungover for the ceremony," you laughed back at her antics.
"Excuses, excuses.  We've still got a couple days until the ceremony!"
"You know what I'm like..."
"Ugh, why can't you just have some fun!" she nagged, pulling you out of your bed and down the stairs by your wrist.

The mess hall was full of drunken faces, all laughing over nothing as the thick smell of rum hung over the room.  Elisha dragged you over to a table where Historia, Armin and Jean were sat.

"Hey Historia... Congratulations, you know, with everything," you smiled a little.

A nudge at your shoulder surprised you as Elisha chimed in, "Come on
y/n, stop being so awkward. Be the party animal I used to see you be!"

Heat filled your face as the others' eyes lightened up in surprise at Elisha's comments.

"You didn't strike me as the party-type," Jean smirked, only making you heat up more.
"Yeah, she's all dark and moody and angsty," Elisha joked.
"Come on, have a drink on me, even Armin's having one," Historia offered.
"Thank you Historia," you smiled slightly, lifting a glass of spirit to your mouth.

There was a reason you didn't drink very often anymore.  There was a reason Elisha hadn't seen you be a 'party animal' in quite some time.  Yet tonight, it seemed unavoidable, so you reluctantly took a sip, and then another.  And another.