𝟭𝟵 || 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿-𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 19 , star-crossed

warnings : gore

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝i will not kiss you❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You were snapping in and out of consciousness, in and out of vision, staining the muddied green grass you laid on blood red. As your eyes managed to open wide enough to see properly, the sun hit them harshly. Was this the light you were supposed to see? Were you dead?

As your eyes adjusted, you glanced at your surroundings: you were still on the battlefield, but all the chaos had stopped. Now, it was filled with radio-silence as the young bodies of recruits were scattered across the ground, their horses too.

You let out a groan of pain. Your body was aching, bleeding out as it seemed a chunk had been crushed or taken out completely by a boulder. Even if you were alive and breathing, you clearly didn't have long.

The Beast Titan and his army had disappeared too; you wondered if he had been defeated, if all your sacrifices had been worth it, or if they had simply moved on past Shiganshina and into the Walls, on a path of destruction.

Were your friends on the inside even alive right now?

Coughing and spluttering, your mouth released blood onto the floor beside you. To think, all of this had started with blood, and ended the same way.  It was almost laughable.

Suddenly, you heard a noise shatter through the quiet, and you tried to move. You attempted to lift your neck, but even the very slight strain as you did caused pain to splinter across your body.

Your ears recognised the sound as... footsteps. Human footsteps. Normal, human footsteps. Not the thundering ones of a titan.

"Here!" You gasped for air. "Over here, I'm alive!" you yelled with all that you had left. Your chest rose and fell heavily as so much as speaking those few words managed to exhaust you.

A head of reddish-brown hair hovered over you. Floch. And on his back, the Commander, completely knocked out, perhaps even dead.

"Floch..." you murmured.
He was limping, making a last attempt to return to Shiganshina District.
"Floch you have to help me..." You gazed up at him. The pain was becoming all too much to bare.

He gave you an apologetic look as he turned to leave you. "There's only one syringe, and it's for Erwin. I'm sorry it has to be this way."