𝟬𝟴 || 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗼𝘆

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 08 , loverboy

warnings : harassment

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝i'd like for you and i to go romancing,
say the word, your wish is my command❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"So where are we headed first?" Jean inquired as you strolled along the streets of Trost.

Jean seemed pretty relaxed to be back in his hometown, compared to you, as you kept a wary eye out and shielded your face underneath a fabric hood. It was fair to say you had earned a reputation in these parts, and although your face had changed a bit with age, you weren't going to take any risks.

"I'm not sure...  Should we visit your family first?  I mean, seeing as things may not go so smoothly with mine, I want to keep my half of the promise," you answered, swallowing back a gulp of dread at the idea of meeting your mother again.

The only hope you had was that time had knocked some sense into her, and that Lance would be as forgiving as he had always been. Deep down you knew the chances of that were slim, as the crimes you had committed were indefensible.

You were snapped out of your worries when Jean began to speak again. "Oh, thanks.  Follow me, it's not far from here...  But when we do see your mother and Lance, it'll be okay, okay?" He lead you up a turning to a small hill.

"If only we could be so sure..."

As you both walked past a busy market stall, a man counting up his money stared at Jean and you, and a feeling of unease washed over you.

"What's the hood for, girlie?  Lift it up, let me get a good look at you and that pretty face of yours," he jeered at you, gesturing for you to lift the hood.

You tugged it down even further and walked on, drawing yourself closer into Jean's side for safety. 

"Don't be shy now, beautiful..." You heard it from behind you again. Seeing you leave, the man had hobbled out of his chair and approached you and was now grabbing the back of your cloak in his hand and yanking it.  There, in the centre of a crowded market, you had been revealed in broad daylight.

"y/n!" Jean gasped, pulling you away from the man.
"Don't shout my name out loud like that, you moron," you hissed at Jean under your breath.

Quickly, you jolted away and moved towards the man who had seen you. He had a perplexed look on his face. You knew he was dangerous.