𝟭𝟰 || 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 14 , training

warnings : none

warnings : none

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝you set my soul alight❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Harden in three.. two.. one!" Hange yelled out to you excitedly.

On their command, you summoned a blue flash, and felt it take over. Soon, the icy-textured material had frozen over your fists, and had begun to creep up your arms, trapping you where you stood.

"Fuck..." you cursed out in irritation as Elisha and Connie cut you out of the structure you had created out of hardened titan skin.

Each day, the mission to recapture Wall Maria was getting closer, but your abilities were hardly above how they were when you first gained the powers. Pretty much the only change was now you didn't completely freeze over - unless you chose to, of course.

However, the ideal Hange wanted to reach was for you to select where you wanted to harden, as a combat tactic. If Reiner or Bertholdt's titans were weakened enough, you could be the last blow to strip them from their napes, and they wouldn't be able to attack me if you used the hardening as armour against their blows.

"Don't worry l/n! We've got.. plenty... of time... to try again," Hange called to you, their tone dejected as the clock only ticked on forward.

After giving myself a minute to recover, you were prepared to try again. In your head, you repeated the instructions again. Harden your fists and the centre of your chest, and then by your heart.  Fists, centre of chest, heart. Couldn't be so difficult, could it?

"Three, two, one!"

The command was given again. And again, you felt the blue energy overtake you and your hands be engulfed in the protective seal. Focusing all the control you could, the energy rushed to the centre of your chest, hardening immediately. Then, it stopped.

"I... I did it!" you exclaimed, Connie and Elisha running to you and hugging your side.

Hange's determination looked restored as they launched a fist into the air in celebration.

After running over the drill a few more times for good measure, Hange introduced you to the next part of their plan for you: applying it in combat.

"So y/n, let's see if you can use it in hand-to-hand.  Try practicing using it as a defence mechanism in particular, I want you to get good at being in control of it, and focusing it to specific areas, mmm?  Once you've mastered that, you'll fight Eren in titan form.  I don't expect you to win against him, but he'll be going easy on you, like a weakened intelligent titan.  For instance, if we weaken Reiner to the point of being able to take his titan, you'll be the one pulling him from the nape," Hange walked you through it as you strolled over to where most of the others were training.