𝟭𝟬 || 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 10 , last moments

warnings : violence, angst

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝call me friend, but keep me closer❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"You sure you wanna do this?" Jean asked you cautiously, as you approached the stables of the inn.

"My mother never loved me, but Lance did, once.  He needs to know the truth, after everything he did for me.  And I need to apologise, even if it's a risk. I'm guilty," you replied, petting one of the horses and securing the reigns around its snout.

"I know, but it sounds like the Military Police have got a tip off that you're in Trost-"
"No buts Jean.  You can leave at any time, but I'm sticking with my gut."

You propped yourself back up in the front of the cart, reigns in hand.  "Come on, we need to get going.  It'll take us a while to reach the other side of Trost," you told him, patting the seat as he climbed up to join you.

The MPs were lazy bastards and, at the end of the day, you were among the most skilled soldiers the army had. As Hange had said: "Ackerman-level instincts."  The risk was worth taking.

Keeping your appearance hooded and hidden, you drove the carriage around the edges of Trost, taking control of the horses in turns. 

After about an hour, you had travelled from East to West Trost, out of the area where people knew you personally.  Or at least, to the place where your identity was merely an urban legend. 

Upon seeing a floral cottage, the walls laced with plants and ivy, you halted the horses and parked the cart. 

"Here we are..." you breathed, approaching the door.
"Remember, I'm right here," Jean assured you.  He came up to the door too.
"Wait, Jean.  I need to do this on my own.  Wait outside, m'kay?" you told him, tapping the door with your knuckles.

Somewhat anxious, he nodded.

Out from behind the door appeared a now tall and well-built man, a few years older than you, whom you immediately recognised when you noticed his familiar raven-black hair.

"You..." he snarled underneath his breath.
"Lance..." was all you could manage to say.

He stared back at you, a stare of anger, his heart broken.  Years ago, you had shattered it into a million pieces, and it seemed unhealed.

"Look I need to explain it all, everything.  I promise I'm not hear to cause you harm just give me a cha-"
You stopped yourself from talking as Lance paused, thinking for a brief second, before his face suddenly turned to a low smile.