𝟭𝟴 || 𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘂𝗻

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 18 , nowhere to run

warnings: gore, violence

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝there is one thing i can never give you,
my heart will never be your home❞

ˏˋ°•*

What you saw when you crossed over the wall on your 3DMG was beyond words.  Boulders soared down from every direction, painting the now demolished village red, and the deserted buildings flattened.  From your vantage point at the top of Wall Maria, you saw the Scouts desperately guarding their horses.  Your eyes scanned your surroundings - the only Scouts left were the new recruits.  It was a massacre.

A lump gathered in your throat, which you swallowed back.  You had to stick to Hange's orders.  Clipping your 3DMG to the wall, you climbed down to Erwin and Levi, who were in a grave discussion.

You reached their side and saluted.  "Sir!"
Erwin's eyes crossed from Levi to you.  "l/n, speak."
"Hange requested that I bring you news from inside the Walls.  Bertholdt has landed, and is alive.  It's only a matter of time until he shows his face.  Reiner too, he's near his limit, but he's surviving."
"Right..." Erwin spoke, bringing his hand to his chin in thought.

More boulders continued to shower from above - it wasn't long until the houses that shielded you would be decimated too, the Scouts along with them.  Suddenly, there was an earth-shattering explosion from inside the wall - the Colossal Titan. 

Everything was going to Hell.

"y/n, I need to speak with the Captain for a moment," Erwin said.  His voice was grave.

Taking the hint, you gave them some space and crouched behind the next building over.  Screams rattled around you. After anxiously checking around the side of the small cottage in case of incoming rocks, you turned around a bumped into something.  You stumbled back to see Elisha, holding the reigns of two horses: one hers and the other yours.

Your face lighting up, you pulled her in for a hug. 
"Oh, thank the Walls, you're okay," you exhaled, still pressed into her shoulders.
"I thought I might never see you again..."  She was misty-eyed.
"We're gonna get through this fine.  The Commander will come up with something, he always does."

As if on que, Erwin called the Scouts to attention.  He hadn't given you the instruction to return to Hange's squad, so you remained with the rest of the new recruits.  Maybe he would need your help, maybe there was use for you in all this mess.