𝟮𝟬 || 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 20 , epilogue

warnings : manga spoilers

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝en dessous de la lune qui chante,
tout prés de la place où tes pieds passent❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"It's been a little while, hasn't it, my love...?" Jean spoke whilst resting his hands on the ground beneath him.  He was sitting, all 6'3 of himself with his legs crossed, a small bouquet of flowers in his hand.  "Sorry I haven't visited you in a while, a lot's been going on."

He sighed melancholically.

"We're finally free, thanks to you.  Not only is Paradis free of the titans, but now the whole world is...  All because of you, and what you Heroes of Shiganshina went and did."

Sitting the flowers in his lap, Jean began to fiddle with the grass at his fingertips.

"We saved the world because of you."

His eyes traced around the ground, tears threatening to brew in them again, for what would have been the hundredth or thousandth time.

"This may sound stupid, but I can tell you...  Sometimes I wish you didn't go and get yourself killed like that.  Not sometimes, all of the time...  I know it was for a good cause but, if only there was some other way...  Y'know, when we finally made it to the sea, all I could think was how I wanted you to be there, with me.  With us - Connie, Mikasa, Armin... Sasha, Eren...  Check on Sasha and Eren for me... Marco too.  I hope you're all together now.  Eren's probably watching me talk to you right now, probably laughing at me, right?  For being so sentimental."

His heart ached at the memory of his lost friends.  Not friends, but family.

"You would've loved the sea.  The water.  It's so salty, you would've laughed and laughed when I got it in my eyes... I guess what I'm saying is... that I miss you.  Every day.  All I do is wonder if there was another way... or if I could have just held onto you a little longer that day.  Would you have not got swept up into all of that?"

A lump gathered in the back of his throat but he swallowed it back.

"But there's nothing I can do now.  Nothing but miss you.  And, one day, once I've finished missing you, we'll be together again, all of us.  Because we made a promise."

Jean placed down a detailed sketch-drawing of a certain familiar face, the one he had been drawing and redrawing every day, so he wouldn't forget it.  He quite liked the way he had drawn it earlier that day, so he brought it with him, and left it with you.  On top of it, he laid the collection of flowers he had gathered.

There was a tap on his shoulder.  A very young girl with dark hair and amber eyes, just like his, beamed at him.  Behind her, a beautiful raven-haired woman, a scar on her cheek.

"There's someone I don't think I've introduced to you yet."  He picked the little girl up in his arms and gently kissed her forehead. 

"y/n, meet Sasha."

the end.

╚══════ ♥ ══════╝