𝟬𝟳 || 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 07 , found

warnings : angst

warnings : angst

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝nothing's gonna hurt you baby, nothing's gonna take you from my side❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"You ready back there?" you asked Jean, who was sitting in the cart behind you.
"Yup."

Tugging the reigns, you set the horses into motion and began the short journey to Trost.  The horses' hooves buckled over the winding road, the wheels of the cart creaking every time you passed over the small stones that paved the way there.

You rode for a while, occasionally engaging in short conversations with Jean and, before you knew it, soon the sun was setting over the horizon.

"We should find somewhere to stop for the night," Jean remarked, his hands outstretched behind his head.

You kept the horses moving.  "But we're just about there, a tiny bit more to go..." you whined.

"It's dark, we're stopping."

"I'm not letting the dark stop us...  I'm perfectly capable of driving this cart."

"It's not the dark, it's what's in it.  Bandits, y/n."

"It's not like there's anything worth stealing here," you persisted.

"Tsk, do you have to be so goddamn careless?  You're under my guard, so I'm not gonna let you get hurt over something stupid like this.  Now, gimme those," he argued, standing up in the cart and walking over to where you sat, stumbling slightly as the cart passed bumps in the track.  Grabbing the reigns, Jean seized control and jumped over the front of the cart, into the driver's seat.

"Hey!  Get off!" you growled.  In your hands, you yanked the leather reigns that were still in your grip, causing the horses to bolt all of a sudden.

"Fuck, you idiot!" Jean shouted as the horses continued to speed up. 

You lost your control and fell back into your seat at the sudden jolt, making Jean's eyes flash with concern for a second. You and him both struggled for balance over the seat, Jean keeping one hand on both reigns while the other was shielding you from falling off of the cart.

"Quick, get balanced and I'll control them.  Hold onto me, or you'll go flying," he demanded.

Giving in, you tightened your arms around his side as the carriage seemed jump over every crack and pothole.