𝟭𝟮 || 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 12 , the trial

warnings : angst

warnings : angst

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝all the bad dreams that you hide,
show me yours,
i'll show you mine❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

jean's pov:

The much-awaited morning of y/n's trial had arrived. Three tiresome days had passed since y/n's capture, and I had not been told a single detail about where, or how, she was, other than that her fate-deciding trial was going to take place imminently.

A quiet fist tapped at my bedroom door.

"Come in," I grumbled, sitting at my desk with my head in my hands.

Connie entered, a somber look on his face as he walked up to me and rested a hand on my shoulder, leading me to tense up at his touch.

"Jean, we're going to get through this okay? All of us, even y/n," he attempted to comfort me.

"Tch, how do you know that? You're hardly a genius," I snapped, Connie backing off at my sudden change in attitude.

He paused a moment, before resuming talking to me.

"Look bro, I know that y/n is special to you-"
"What do you mean special? Why are you saying it like that?" I cut him off.
"You two just seem to be close-"
"Stop exaggerating your words like that dammit!"

"I mean, everything's messing with your head - you haven't been able to get your mind off of her the last few days."

"...How could I, Connie?" I answered him forlornly, my hands going to cover my ears.

His eyes softening with a glint of pity in them, Connie took his hand to my shoulder again and patted it.

"Come on, the trial is about to start, we have to go. Maybe it'll help ease your nerves, finally being able to see your girl," he directed me, heading for the door again.

"But what if this doesn't go to plan, and... tsk," I stammered, tears nearly brewing as I imagined the worst, which was a very real possibility.

"Whatever happens... you've got Sasha and I by your side."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷