𝟬𝟲 || 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 06 , the coronation

warnings : abuse

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝if you've been waiting for falling in love,
babe you don't have to wait on me❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"You want me to help you get ready for your coronation?" you asked Historia.

"Of course, you're a friend! We've fought alongside, drank alongside, slept alongside. Plus, Mikasa, Elisha and Sasha are helping me too, and I need all the help I can get, especially without Ymir here..." she trailed off, her face turning from friendly to forlorn.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Historia. If you really see me that way, I'm honoured, and I'll help." You gave Historia a gentle smile as she pulled herself out of her thoughts of Ymir.

"Thank you, y/n."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The day of the coronation had arrived, and the entire population of the Walls were buzzing, awaiting Historia's first duty as monarch. Excitement ran thick through the air, everyone in the Scouts changing into their best clothes and wishing Historia luck.

Checking himself out in a passing mirror, Jean was flicking his hair around, trying to figure out which way it looked best.

"You shouldn't be worrying about your hair, when you can't do a jacket up properly," you smirked as you walked up to him.

"Huh?" he turned his head and saw you.  He tilted it a little.

Stepping to him, you did his last few buttons up, starting near his stomach until your hands were touching his chest, smiling aimlessly. The man seemed slightly surprised by your sudden gesture, but grateful. He didn't know what to do with his hands, raising them a bit into the space around your hips, but keeping them a couple inches away from touching.

"There you go," you murmured quietly. You pulled your two hands off and patting him on the front of his chest, by his broad shoulders.

"I- Thanks."

"Anyway, I need to go and find Historia's dressing room..." you slipped away down the corridor.

By the bed in Historia's room, Mikasa was lifting Historia's gown off of its hanger, laying it down on the side for her to try on. Elisha was there too, picking up a beautiful necklace and looping it around Historia's neck. In front of a mirror, Sasha was meticulously fiddling with Historia's hair, tying it just right.