Chapter Twenty-Five: Far from Blood

"Family...are those held dearly to heart.
Family...are those who're always there
for one another.
Family never abandon and family never leave.
And to those "family" who do not love and only
hate.
They are not worth mentioning.
They are not family at all."

                                       Created- by me

Rey's POV

Along the way of me being guided to my grandfather... I just couldn't stop thinking about how I truly never wished to meet him.

After all, he did murder my parents.

He was taking everything I ever loved away from me.

Oddly enough, before I met my so called 'grandfather' they had me replace my torn and tattered garments with new ones and even fixed my hair.

I now stood before a mirror to see what had become of my appearance.

My brunette hair was combed and left down with a black ribbon placed in my hair.

The dress I now wore was of a dark black hue. Around my waist was a gold like rope.

What I wore was very much out of my element that it made me feel a bit uneasy.

I was very much confused if I was being treated like a prisoner or if I was being treated like a royal guest.

The guards then guided me to a garden just outside my grandfather's castle.

Unlike the castle I grew up in with it's courtyard and greenery outside, the garden here was inside.

The garden here seemed to be protected by some sort of glass structure.

The garden was filled with various different plants that seemed very much foreign, as if they came from another land.

As my eyes marveled at what laid in the garden I had almost forgotten why I was here.

As soon as I spotted a figure much older than I was, I bowed my head.

I did not wish to see his face.

His footsteps became louder the closer he came.

And then he stopped. Right in front of me.

"Look up my child." His words were directed to me...but I acted as though I didn't hear...

I did not wish to.

"I wouldn't want to do this the hard way."

I only kept my head down as I looked toward his feet.

"I guess it's the hard way." He seemed to be very patient with me...although he also seemed to be quite upset.

The staff he held was put to my chin to move my face to see him.

When our eyes met...I couldn't lock my emotions away any longer.

"How dare you." I spoke.