Chapter Six: Before All Else Wakes

Rey's POV 

Knowing Ben and I might be out for awhile I made sure to pack a few things last night.

I had decided to go with a couple loaves of bread, a few cheese wedges, a variety of berries and a jar of honey.

I had placed all the items in a neatly fashion inside a woven basket I had made during my time of learning to become a proper countess daughter.

Now, I was currently trying to pick what dress to wear.

For the first time in my life I was starting to draw a blank on what to wear.

Should I wear a elegant yet simple look of deep wine red or a more dainty look of a cream dress sprinkled with daisies?

I did not want to wake Cordelia up at such an earlier hour so I had to decide on my own.

Plus, if I did ask for her aid she might get the chance to tease and make fun of my situation.

I decided, after minutes of wondering, to wear my hair in a braid with a yellow ribbon tied in.

The dress I picked was of the cream shade with small daisies sprinkled along the dress as well as a pair of brown ankle boots.

As I headed out to exit my room I swiftly grabbed my cloak being the color of a roasted chestnut hue.

My mind pondered to what had taken place last night.

I was just planning to thank him...I did not expect the outcome that came about after that.

He was so sure of me, he trusted to tell me of his broken past and my heart soften for him.

I still did not trust him fully but I could now say I no longer wanted to depart from me.

He, rather or not he knew, was slowly pulling me in to something we'd both be intertwined with sooner or later.

A pull to long for one another. I was becoming to think I wanted that as much as I was worried about it.

Again the turmoil arose in me.

Instead of struggling I thought back to what my mother had mentioned just thee other day.

I must listen to my heart and not so much my head.

I had to try earnestly and truthfully, correctly and sincerely.

I stopped walking for a moment and focused on my breathing.

The birds morning songs heard faintly through the castle walls from outside.

I again, exhaled and inhaled.

What did my heart truly want?

Nothing but midnight hair, soft dark eyes and strongly built stature entered my mind.

My heart longed for Ben.

Even if I had just only known him for a day now.

He was the first man to believe in me as others did not. And what my mother said was true.

He was the first gentleman to see me as a real living human being, a lady and not just some common girl that others took me for and even myself.

To be honest I didn't even believe in myself...nonetheless he as well as Cordelia were the ones who did.

However I still needed time to process all of this.

My feelings could just be feelings and I know for a fact this would only last for so long if I said I loved him now with out an actually reality to it.