Chapter Eleven: Dreams on Pages

[Author's note]

Just wanted to take the moment to thank you, both for your interest in my story and for supporting 🌺

——————————————-

"You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you start to fall in love. That's just common sense leaving your body"

-Unknown
——————————————

3rd person POV

A dark haired maiden followed a man of mysterious demeanor throughout the corridors to a specific location of the east wing library.

Each step treaded carefully in sure not to alert any nearby guards on night watch.

Once the two entered the library the young man's eyes lit like fire.

He became at awe with what scene the library had displayed in front of him.

It reminded him so much of home. The home in which he used to live with his parents. The home before the place he had to be forced in by the king.

Stone floor covered every bit of the room. Water fountains scattered throughout.

Vines wrapped around almost every wooden built book case.

It reminded the man of his home, in the forest when winter weather had melted away. That was before his family was killed and he was dragged to a winter wasteland.

"This place...it reminds me so much of my old home. Well, before I lived in the kingdom where it snowed all the time. My old home with my parents looked so much like this."

"A library? You're sure?" There was tease in the maiden's voice as she glanced at him playfully.

Her eyes glimmered at him with a sweet smile on her face.

He chuckled a bit embarrassed.

The young man was not flustered from her tease but from how beautiful she appeared in that very moment.

Just when he was about to tell her how beautiful she was he decided to kept that particular thought to himself.

Instead he smiled.

"Of course not. My home ran thick with vines like the ones here. There even used to be a small waterfall near our cottage when I was just a child. My family and I lived right on the outskirts of town, and still payed the King's taxes of course."

"I've heard King's taxes can be brutal over where you live. It must've been harsh."

"It was better than living under the king's hand, not having to pay taxes. But luckily I'm here now. I've also realized that it is much better to have love where there is no money than to be rich and have no one to love."

The dark haired man was close to opening up how his parents died at the king's hand but payed it no mind to share. It was too painful for him.

Even now. Being in a place that reminds him of his true family as well as being beside a maiden who reminded him so much of his mother at mere moments.

But he knew that such moments as these were ones that wouldn't last forever. He felt at any moment all of this would be gone.

Ripped from him even.

So he kept to the opportunity to hold the fair lady's hand.

He might have been counted 'rich' now but he would give it all up in a heartbeat if it meant spending the rest of his life with the women in front of him.