Chapter Four: Breakfast Bother and ill Talk

Rey's POV

Leaving the garden I felt very flustered.

Just as I was about to make a sharp corner I tripped on my dress of cream color.

To my surprise someone had caught me before a ugly fall.

I looked up and was about to thank them when the Prince's face appeared.

"Prince Gerald." I was speechless and only could say his name.

His face was way to close for comfort.

In a flash I was a few feet away from him fixing my hair and trying to stay calm through all my flustering about.

I was quite over heated from such embarrassment.

And to boot I was also feeling quite uncomfortable around this young man.

"I saw you at my celebration feast yesterday. I was quite envious of that man who stole you away. Oh I wished I could have taken you in my arms and seized that moment to dance with you."

I wanted to vomit at his words.

"Excuse me your highness but aren't your other ladies needing you? I think I heard one of them not to long ago call for you."

"Really where?"

"Somewhere across from the gardens."

I pointed and he went about his way.

I can't believe I had to lie.

But it was better to get rid of that skunk while I could.

I could barley even talk to that prince.

Once my stomach stopped having knots I moved on to where breakfast was being served.

Cordelia waved for me to come over.

"So, how was your talk with him?" She whispered as I said not a word.

I began to drink water from a brass cup once they served the food.

"Rey, I'm speaking to you. How was your talk-"

"I don't wish to speak upon the matter. And I don't want you attempting to be the matchmaker." I interrupted her speaking and it was my first time doing that to her out of anger.

"Do not strike that tone with me young lady. You can't run away from love Rey. The freedom your looking for isn't in what you think, it's in what you don't see."

"You said to follow my heart." She was tossing me into a loop of confusion with her words.

"And you are not doing so, follow your heart correctly without using this so much." She pointed to my mind again like last time.

"However, if you wish for me not to meddle I will no longer do so. Just don't be so strict on yourself alright. He's a good man." She spoke once more as I couldn't contain how upset I was becoming.

"How do you know? He's only been here for not even a full day!" I started to raise my voice but all it took was a strict look from Cordelia for me to calm my rage.

I was still upset at her.

"He's true to what he says and he sees something in you. He's the first gentleman that's even looked at you as if you mattered. Can't you see."

"As if I mattered?"

"You know that's not what I meant Rey. Don't misinterpret what I'm trying to tell you."