Chapter Twenty-Four: Fighting Beside You

"If all one would do was watch,
I wouldn't be that person.
If all one could do was wait,
I couldn't be that person.
I want to protect, I want to fight
for the man I love.
With all my strength.
With all my might.
I'll fight."

       Created- by me

Rey's POV

The doors that had once separated both Ben and I from the world were now hanging by their hinges.

Well...what was left of the door hinges from the men bursting into the room.

They seemed to be more experienced as well as heavily armored than the men Ben and I had fought before, back at the castle.

"This is it. Are you ready?"

"My grandfather's?" I spoke, quite aware of the obvious answer.

"Without a doubt. So stay close."

I drew my sword as Ben's was already drawn.

We fought to protect each other, as we fought with all we had despite our circumstances.

I was very inexperienced and Ben was currently injured, but still...we fought.

And just as I had taken my aim off the man in front of me, he quickly grabbed my cloak.

His grab was so fierce that I had slammed into a wall with the air knocked out of my lungs.

And I couldn't breath...but I didn't panic either.

I was not going to let my enemy best me in this match we had between the two of us.

So, I tried my best to breath normally again as I swiped my foot underneath him, causing him to stumbled on the ground and instantly hit his head on the floor.

I then pinned him down with my foot and knocked him out with the handle of my sword.

Just then two other men grabbed a hold of me, fighting with a hard grip to keep me from escaping from their grasp.

I looked around to see Ben fighting two other men as well.

"Ben!" I yelled for him as I couldn't escape.

And as soon as we caught eye contact a cloth was being held to my face.

I began to feel out of balance and lightheaded.

But still I fought and kicked myself around for them to let me go.

I saw a dark blur force itself toward me to fall down.

I could only guess it was Ben.

And I yelled a loud muffle as they stayed covering my mouth with the cloth.

I desperately tried to go to him but I became too weak to even think let alone have enough strength to escape these people's hold on me.

And in a few minutes time all was dark.

I felt as if I had gotten swallowed whole with my conscience stolen away.

All I could see and feel was a deep and dark nothingness.

When I found consciousness again, I instantly jerked awake looking around for Ben.

I tried to move to feel my hands chained to a cellar wall.

Cold iron was felt around my wrists as well as feet.

My clothes were covered in dirt and flaked with snow.