Chapter Nineteen: Turning Twenty

"Rain may fall
Clouds may fade
But my love for you
Will always stay."

                                   Created by Me

Rey's POV

I should not have been angry. But I was.

Not only at myself for being so oblivious to my history but also because of what Cordelia had kept from me.

Yes...maybe I wasn't quite ready to hear what had to be said.

Maybe I couldn't stomach it at the time. Maybe not even now.

I should have known...but...not like it had been revealed to me a couple days ago.

And...now...today was my birthday.

I was unprepared. Overwrought. Unsteady of not only how today would lead but how I'd have to face it.

I fastened my warm cloak in which draped heavily around me, feeling a sudden eerie chill in the air.

I felt just like the weather appeared.

Cold; filled with misfortune.

But...I couldn't say that I've had it all bad.

I did have Ben looking out for me. A man who I greatly cared for and loved.

Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

If fact I hadn't seen him all morning.

At least I wasn't ill or weak anymore. I was glad to be out and about again.

Even if that 'glad' feeling was only a fraction, I was glad to have some type of happiness to go on.

I wanted to stay positive. I was displeased at how awful my emotions had been lately.

All the bad news flooding in would make no one happy if they were to be in my shoes, even if they wished it.

Besides the fact that I had been blushing like a buffoon a couple nights ago from Ben having to carry me inside from my numb legs, as well as the way he calmed my uneasiness...

Everything else felt like such a mess...such chaos.

Now, at least for now.... I had the hope of being free from the castle walls.

Many could agree, just as I, that one could only tolerate the castle walls for so long until one felt sick of it.

Even the royal family had taken a little trip outside the walls today to get some fresh air.

So I was here, outside, walking because I had grown tired of the walls myself.

And every step I toke was a step closer to my planned destination.

My path to the fields just outside the castle grounds.

The place where Ben and I had once had a picnic together.

It was certainly not the most pleasant picnic I wished to have had.

But again...I'm glad Ben was there.

He had saved me, just as he always tried to.

Sitting on a snow-covered log I thought all this through.

Oddly enough, even my own thoughts were growing to be quite dull.

Ben.

Where was he?

All I wished for my birthday was to spend the little time I had with him.

And even he was nowhere to be seen or heard from.