Two

Tony Pov

My Mum decided to come over, (well I use come over lightly as she lived in Manchester and we lived in London), as she didn't want me to 'not properly process my feelings just because I had responsibilities', (her words, not mine), I appreciated it though as I didn't think that I would've been able to hold it together that day without her there, (though I guess that's what Mum's are for).

"Hello Darling, how are you fairing after Jen leaving?"
"Well Mum, I'm not really missing her per say, as the relationship between us had been pretty dead for a while, but I'm really angry at her"
"Why's that then, if you don't really miss her Tony?"
"Well, uh, fuck, Daisy heard Jen say that she hated her"
"Well shit, I can see why you're angry at her, alright I'll make you a cuppa, you sound like you could use it after that ordeal"
"Thanks Mum"
"Don't worry about it Darling"

So my Mother went and made me a cuppa, (as she's honestly the best), she then took it to the couch, (as you do), Daisy then sleepily walked into the living room and sat on my lap, (as 5 year olds have a want to do), and honestly it was debatable to say if Daisy was actually awake or not, (though she was absolutely adorable).

"Good morning Baby, did you sleep ok last night?"
"Yes I did Daddy"
"(Kisses forehead), Good, I'm glad to hear that Honey"
"Hi Nanny"
"Hi Sweetheart, look at you, you've gotten so big, how old are you now?"
"I'm 5 now Nanny"
"Wow, you're getting so big"

So Mum and I continued to make some small talk, (which I don't remember a lot of, so take that as you will), and with that Daisy fell back asleep, and I wanted to leave her to sleep a bit more, (as she hadn't slept as much as she normally did), but I also knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep that night, (and she needed all the sleep that she could get).

"Hey Baby, you can't sleep right now, as you won't sleep tonight if you sleep anymore"
"But 'm tired Daddy"
"I know Baby, I know"
"Are you going?"
"No no Baby, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, ok"
"Ok"

So I then went and made us all breakfast, as I had nothing else to do, (because you know, my Mother was there), Daisy seemed to be ok at that moment but I was still a bit worried that she wasn't actually as ok as she seemed to be, (which she wasn't but a lot of shit happened in a short space of time, so processing it takes time).

Anyway, we all had breakfast together, as you do, it was an awfully quiet breakfast, (though with what happened mere hours before, I wasn't too surprised to be honest with you here), I was still worried about Daisy, (when was I not worried about her though?, like I'm such a worry wart that it's just part of my daily routine at this point).

We finished breakfast as uneventfully as possible, which was quite a feat if I do say so myself, which I do because I'm the one telling the bloody story here, (sorry if that came off a bit weirdly, like that might've been harsh here), wow, anyway, life felt a bit surreal here, as my head hadn't fully caught up with the fact that I was raising Daisy on my own, (that will hit me like a shit ton of bricks that seemed endless).

I was sat on the couch drinking a cuppa, (as you do), Daisy came in and sat on my lap, and she seemed just so sad, (I mean obviously because of what happened the night before), but I wasn't going to push the issue as I knew that it would make things worse here, so instead I just let the silence quietly consume us.

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"Mummy's not coming back?, is she?"
"No Baby, she's not coming back"
"Are you leaving Daddy?"
"No no Baby, you're stuck with me forever"
"I can live with that Daddy"
"Yeah?"
"Of course, you love me to the moon and back"
"You're right Darling, I do love you to the moon and back"
"I love you to the moon and back too"

I could not fathom how much Daisy just seemed to trust me, (especially because her Mum hadn't long left us), but I wasn't going to vocalise this while Daisy was sitting there, as I didn't want her to feel like she was wrong for her feelings here, ya know, (or maybe you don't know, I'm not going to assume what you do and don't know here).