One

Tony Pov

I woke up to tears running down my face, (it was bad enough that I could feel the dry tears on my face, it was way worse that there was fresh tears here), I was thankful that Daisy was still asleep on my chest, as she would've started crying too, so I wiped my tears and I held Daisy a little bit tighter, as that seemed to calm the anxiety a bit, which keeps the nausea at bay, (though not entirely as I had been feeling sick not that long ago at this point).

The early sunrise glow was shining through the window, my eyes burning from a mixture of a lack of sleep and dried up tears of anger, Daisy woke up, her blue eyes were still full of sleep, she looked absolutely adorable, though if I'm being completely honest with you here, (which I try to be, but sometimes shit is hard here), she was always adorable, ya know.

"Morning Daddy"
"Morning Darling, how did you sleep?"

I already kind of knew the answer to this, as she actually slept alright, (well she slept alright after she actually fell asleep, but that's not part of the question that I asked here here), but I wanted to hear it from her to reassure me, I know that I sound bloody paranoid here, but sue me, (actually please don't sue me as I'm broke as fuck here), (though being a single Dad will do that to you I guess).

"I sleep ok Daddy"
"Just ok Baby?"
"Yeah, just ok Daddy"
"Ok then Sweetheart"
"Daddy"
"Yes Baby"
"Are we still a family?"
"(Kisses temple), Oh Sweetheart, of course we are still a family, (kisses cheek), nothing that happens will ever change that fact, ok"

There was just so much trust in her eyes, like I couldn't fathom why she thought that I was the bees knees here, (God I sound fucking old, Jesus Christ, remind me to never use the words 'bees knees' ever again, 'cause fuck me I just sounded like my Mother here), as I was just trying my best here, but God I love that little girl so much, (and I'm a better man for that), (at least I felt like I was a better man than I was).

"Ok Daddy, I love you"
"I love you too Baby, (kisses cheek), try to get some more sleep now Darling, ok"
"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"What about the monsters?"
"The monsters can't get you while I'm here Darling, ok?"
"You sure Daddy?"

Daisy just seemed so sad and while I knew why that was, (and it wasn't really about the nightmare, though that didn't help her here), I still felt awful that I couldn't do shit about it, even though that's what I'm supposed to do as her Dad, I knew that I couldn't just get straight to the big problem here, so instead I handled her nightmare, as I knew that I could actually sort that for the night, (small, manageable goals help tackle the big things in the long run, ya know).

"I'm sure of it Sweetheart, as monsters are scared of Daddies"
"Why's that then?"
"Because we're scary to people that aren't our little girls, (kisses temple), so you're ok to go back to sleep now Darling"
"Ok, night night Daddy"
"Good night Sweetheart"
"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"You sleep too"
"I'll try to Darling, ok"
"Ok , I love you Daddy"
"I love you too Baby"

Daisy then fell back to sleep, and I knew that I would do anything to make sure that she was ok, (I'm pretty sure that's just Dad shit though, ya know), I didn't get back to sleep at all, (much to Daisy's dismay here), but then again I didn't really expect to with how many thoughts were racing through my head at like 100mph, (it was like mental whiplash and I was actually a bit dizzy from it), at this point I knew that a headache was going to be inevitable here.

I could hear every little thing that was going on around me, leaving me feeling very bloody paranoid about anything and everything, which was not fun but we all know that it came from what happened with Jen only mere hours before, (no shit Tony), but I couldn't shut off my brain no matter how much I tried to, so my sleep was well and truly fucked that night, (no big surprise there though).

I know that I could've handled that argument a bit better, (like a lot better), like I know that, but I also can't sit here and say that I regretted it either, as I don't regret it, you know, (that must sound absolutely awful coming from me but what else can I do here?).