Nine

Tony Pov

So it was a weekend, (that was when most of the interesting things happened let's be honest), (as it wasn't just work eat sleep repeat), it was a cold arse day out, so we layered up as much as we could, since the boiler man couldn't come until the Monday, (yes, that was as much of a pain in the arse as it sounds).

So naturally I tried to distract Daisy from the fact that it was bloody freezing, (it was November so it was not warm), (well not warm is the understatement of the century), which meant hot water bottles and lots of cuddles, (not that I minded as Daisy's my baby).

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"Why are we wearing 3 jumpers?"
"To see how long we can wear 3 jumpers for"
"So it's a game Daddy?"
"Yes Darling, it's a game"
"Ok Daddy"

Ok before you go ahead and judge me here, how else was I supposed to answer a 5 year old without having her worried about the cold?, Hmm?, exactly, there was nothing else that I could do without worrying about worrying her, (and I didn't want to worry my 5 year old about where our heat was going to come from).

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"Can we have a hot chocolate please?"
"Of course we can Sweetheart"
"Thank you Daddy"
"You're welcome Baby"

So I made us some hot chocolate, (this also kind of felt like a preparation for Christmas, even though it was just hot chocolate), as that's what you usually do when it's cold out and you need to warm up properly, which actually hit the spot because you know, that shit will warm you up, (plus it's just nice, ya know), it was weird though, as I hadn't had a hot chocolate in years, this might have something to do with the fact that I didn't celebrate Christmas for a while, (and hot chocolate is Christmasy to me).

"Thank you Daddy"
"You're welcome Baby"

It was weirdly peaceful, because even though I was just making sure my daughter and I didn't bloody freeze to death as the boiler broke, (it had been there for as long as I had the house, so I couldn't really complain, as that's actually a bit longer than most boilers nowadays), it was still nice to sit there and not do much else, you know.

A little while later, Daisy was falling asleep as she looked absolutely tired, and because she was already kind of laying in my arms, so I thought that maybe it was best to let her have a nap, you know, (no, I know that I was not really consistent on naps, like I know that, but my opinion on them kept flip flopping, yeah it wasn't great I know).

I was thankful that Daisy didn't seem to notice that it was freezing in the house, though I guess that some of that was because she had 3 jumpers on and that she was having a nap, (honestly it helped pass the time a bit).

It was about an hour later, Daisy started to stir but she wasn't entirely awake yet, and as much as I wanted to just let her sleep, I also knew that I was already pushing the limit by letting her have the nap in the first place, as that can throw off someone's sleep, so I decided that I probably should wake her up.

"Hey Darling"
"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"Was I asleep?"
"Yeah Darling, you were, that's ok though"
"Hmm, it's 'cause you're comfy Daddy"
"Yeah Baby?"
"Yeah, you're really comfy and squishy"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"It means that you're soft and squishy and that means you're comfy Daddy"
"Ok Baby, I'll take it"

It took a couple more minutes for Daisy to be fully wake up from her nap, she just looked so adorable, well she always looked adorable, but she was just more adorable when she wasn't long awake, (yes, it was weird, no, I can not explain it as I don't fucking know why this was).

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"What you thinking about?"
"I'm just thinking about things"
"But what things Daddy?"
"The future"

I know that this sounded a bit ominous here, but the future was something that I did worry about, I know that there wasn't anything that I could do about it though, regardless of what I felt about it here.

"Why?"
"Uh, well, it's just something that I think about sometimes"
"Yeah, but why"
"Because it's something that most adults just think about from time to time"
"Sounds boring"
"(Snorts), You're not wrong Darling"
"Then why do you think about it?"
"(Sighs), It's not something that I'd choose to think about, I just worry about it sometimes Baby, it's nothing for you to worry about though, (kisses temple), ok"
"Ok Daddy"