Twenty-one

Tony Pov

It was a week later and we had settled into the new house, (I was glad that we moved during the summer holidays as that meant that we could actually settle into the house properly), it was actually very like the house that I grew up, (that wasn't on purpose though, it just so happened that it was), (if I was trying to do anything on purpose, it would've been to pick a house that was the total opposite to my childhood home).

Daisy liked that our new house was bigger, going from London prices to Manchester prices will do that for you though, let's be honest with ourselves here, (plus it was actually a nicer house, so I wasn't complaining), I was just glad that I didn't have a mortgage to worry about here.

Anyway, Daisy came down the stairs not long after waking up, (as she still looked so sleepy), she then sat on the couch beside me, (though it was quite debatable wether she was actually awake here or not), though sleepy Daisy was definitely one of the cutest Daisy's , (I couldn't tell you exactly why that was the case though, so take that as you will).

"Good morning Baby"
"Good morning Daddy"
"Did you sleep ok?"
"(Yawns), Yeah Daddy, I did"
"(Kisses temple), Good, I'm glad to hear it Sweetheart, do you want some breakfast?"
"Yes please"
"Ok Baby"

So I made us some breakfast, as you do, Daisy fell back asleep on the couch but I didn't blame her as it was quite early still, (plus she looked so adorable), you could ask why I didn't just put her back to bed but Daisy wasn't really a heavy enough sleeper for me to just put her back to bed, you know, (honestly a pin could drop and she was awake again).

"Hey Baby"
"Hmm?"
"Breakfast is ready"
"M'kay Daddy"

So we had breakfast, (as you do), and it was actually quite peaceful to be honest with you here, and there wasn't really any other way that I'd choose to spend my morning here, as it was just Daisy and I somehow spending time together, you know, (though you might not know that, I'm not assuming what you know here).

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"Can we go to the park today please?"
"Sure Baby, we need to go get dressed first, ok"
"Ok Daddy!"

I swear that Daisy ran up those stairs faster than any other nearly 6 year old has ever done so, (well maybe not in actuality, but it definitely felt that way), but I was glad that she didn't seem too phased by the move, (though it was still early days yet, so there's that to think about here).

Anyway, we got dressed and ready to go to the park, Daisy was bouncing off the walls here, (well not literally, but it sure did feel like that at the time though), it was really endearing that she was so excited even though I was wreaked tired here, (there was something about a little kids excitement that makes you excited with them).

"You ready to go Baby?"
"Yeah!"
"I'm glad, alright let's go Darling"

We then walked to the park, as you do here, and as excitable as Daisy was, she stuck right by my side while we were walking there, as she was in a new city that she didn't really know, but she was still really excited about going to the park, (which I definitely miss now she's an adult).

"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"How come you know where we're going?"
"Well, I've lived here before Sweetheart"
"Oh ok, that makes sense I guess"
"(Snorts), Yeah"
"Yeah"
"Ok then Baby"

That answer seemed to satisfy Daisy at the time, (though I could be wrong about that), it didn't take us too much longer to get to the park, and the weather was really nice out, (I really need to stop commenting on the bloody weather here), though it was summer so it wasn't totally unexpected that the weather was actually nice.

I'm not going to bore you with every single thing that we did at the park, (as it was a lot), but I was glad that we actually did move, (even though the circumstances of why we had to move was not great), but I wasn't sure if it was a good thing for Daisy at this point in time, (because we moved during the summer holidays, so I wasn't sure if school was good for her yet).

Anyway we went home and chilled, (right now it feels real ironic that I'm a qualified English teacher with how I'm struggling to word things here), well I cleared the bits from breakfast and then chilled, (that's adulting though, so there's that to think about).