Twenty-two

Tony Pov

Now that we lived in Manchester, we could actually visit my Mum a lot more, which made Daisy really happy, (Daisy and my Mum were really close despite the fact that we had been living in London for all of Daisy's life and London was 4 hours away from Manchester on a train), I still wasn't entirely convinced that I did the right thing, but for now Daisy seemed happy enough.

"Hey Nanny"
"Hey Sweetheart, how are you?"
"I'm ok Nanny"
"I'm glad to hear it Sweetheart"
"Daddy, I'm going to the loo"
"Do you want me to come up in case you need help?"
"No, I'll be ok Daddy"
"Ok Baby"

Daisy then went upstairs to use the bathroom, and so that left my Mother and I to talk about things, (as you do with your Mum), as I guess there things that Mum wanted to ask with Daisy being there, (don't quote me on that though, as I'm not an expert here), though I can conclude that adulting includes not talking about everything in front of young children.

"How are you and Daisy settling in?"
"We're settling into the house ok, though I know that Daisy's really worried about starting school in September"
"Children do tend to worry about those sort of things though Darling, I mean you were just as worried when we moved from London"
"I know that she'll be ok Mum, but I just don't know how to tell her that"

Mum then held my hand, as I guess that she knew that I was slightly worried about Daisy, (though I know that you would be worried too in my shoes), it didn't ease any of my fears, but I appreciated what my Mum was trying to do.

"There's not a lot that you can do Darling, but you worrying so much about isn't going to help her either"
"How do you know that I was really worried about it?"
"Because I know you Tony"
"I just want to be able to make her fears go away Mum"
"(Sighs), I know, but what else can you do for her Darling?"
"I know Mum"

I then heard a 'thud thud thud' coming down the stairs faster than you could blink, which meant that Daisy was about to join us again, (I can't word things for shit today), (and I'm an English teacher), though she seemed ok at the moment considering that she was worried about going to school.

"Hey Baby"
"Hey Daddy, what's for dinner?"
"I don't know yet Honey"
"Ok Daddy"

Daisy then went outside to play in the garden, as it was really nice out, (yes, I, a British man, made a comment about the weather, it feels a bit meta right now to be honest), so I guess that left Mum and I to talk some more about how I felt some more, (which I was not ready for to be honest with you here).

"Darling"
"Yeah Mum"
"You've made the right choice by moving"
"Ok but how do I know that though Mum?"
"Well, there's a lot of little things that you can see right now, like the fact that Daisy can go play outside without it being on the streets"
"I guess that's a point"
"I know you're worried Darling, but give it a chance before you write this whole ordeal off"
"It's not like I have much other choice here Mum"
"Well I guess not, but life does have its ways of finding you the right path"
"If you say so Mum"

Yeah, I know that it seemed like I wasn't really feeling the move, but that was just because I wasn't entirely sure about it, you could ask why I even moved if I wasn't really sure about it, but it was either move to Manchester or to be homeless as I couldn't pay the mortgage by myself, so I didn't have much of a choice, (though maybe the change of scenery could actually help us both here).

Anyway, deep conversations with ones mother never ends up on a light note, does it?, but I guess that it usually gives you clarity or insight on the situation that you happen to find yourself in, (the fucking wording here Tony), but I guess that it was nice that I could actually ask Mum for advice more as we were in Manchester.

Mum and I just made some small talk after that, as there wasn't much other deep things that we could have talked about at the time, (though other deep conversations do happen between Mum and I after this, so there's that to add to this I guess), I don't really remember what the small talk was even about but I guess that's the point of small talk though.