CHAPTER 3 : SKY-BLUED EYES

Iera's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to the bright light coming from the window and sighed disappointingly to the fact that I get to wake up to another day of the very same life. I turned my head to the other side of the bed and noticed that I was alone on his bed.

'Not that I wanted to see him the first thing in the morning.'

Taking a shower and prepare the breakfast like any other day, I managed to act like last night doesn't happened. It's not a lie to say that death has crossed my mind thousands time at night but still when the sun rises, I live my life a lot more diligently than anyone I have ever known.

'I live because I didn't die. Only living because my mother fought death for me to be born.'

"What are you doing in Hyun Jin oppa's room last night?" Hye In suddenly questioned from behind and I helplessly jolted back in surprise. I stared at Hye In's disgusted expression for a brief moment before calmly pushed her backwards, creating some personal space for myself.

"None of your concern." I retorted.

"You know you are freaking disgusting, don't you? Fucking the man who grows up as your brother?" She questioned and I turned back to her, wide-eyed. Shock bolted through my skin and I felt shame surging up my face.

"Why do you look surprised? Never once thought we would find out about your disgusting feelings over my brother?"

"We?" I stumbled over my words when I cracked the question out.

"WE! Me and my parents."

'Nobody's gonna knows ? How fucking stupid !'

"You guys knew yet no one tells him to stop ? You think I wanted it to be this way?"

"What the fuck are you on? You think we are crazy enough to stand with you and get on his bad side? Wake up! He's the sole provider for us. How are we gonna live our life if he hates us? Not to mention, risking everything for you. Nah, not worth it."

"How could you? You are my fucking sister!"

"Yes, and he was your fucking brother but look at what he did. He always listened to you better than any of us. If you couldn't stop him, how can we?" I remained silent at that. Despair over the fact that they do know what happened if one was to stay in the way between me and him.

I thought I was alone in this. Scared the hell out of myself to tell any soul in case he kills them. Fearing myself of being the reason someone died. I am a fool. It doesn't matter even if anyone knows, nobody's gonna care enough to help me. I'm never going to escape from him.

"I was jealous of you for nothing." She spat with so much hatred for me.

"I was jealous because he treats you better than he treats me, even when everyone knows for the fact that his real sister is me and not you. Pfft, who knows that's what you were really going through." She mocked, letting out a small giggle.

It's true that Hyun Jin was the only one who treated me with kindness ever since I was adopted. He was always my big brother and the only one who protected me with everything he had. I always thought that even though the rest of the family hated me, Hyun Jin will still stand by my side and that everything will be alright.

Everything ended shortly after I turn 14 while he was 17 at the time. I was only 14 when he first touched me in a way I never wish he had. That 14 years old girl lost everything she ever had that night, let it be her big brother or herself.

It turned out that Hyun Jin is the worst among the family members. Turned out, he is my biggest nightmare in that hell they called house.

"Mother should have just left you to die years ago." Hye In hurtfully spat, turning around to leave the kitchen.