CHAPTER 2 : HELL ON EARTH

3rd Person P.O.V

"WAKE UP !"  A female voice yelled angrily. 

It's still early in the morning yet the house was already in chaos with all the shouting and noises made. Hye in purposely stomped her feet harshly on the floor as she approached the small room right in the corner of her house while muttering curses as she struggled to drag something along with her. Once she stood in front of the bedroom's door, she quickly slammed it open and cursed again under her breath as the sight of her younger sister registered into her mind.

It's truly a miracle that even with all the noises she made, her younger sister still hasn't shown any movement or reaction, almost as if she has died in her sleep. Throwing more profanities to the sleeping girl, Hye In picked up the bucket filled with water and poured it all onto her sister's face- immediately waking her up.

"Wake up, you lazy ass bitch."

Watching as the latter jolted up in surprised, she tossed the bucket onto the bed before casually grabbed her younger sister's wallet, taking out the remaining bills and slipped it into her back pocket jeans.

'There goes my last week's paycheck,' Iera thought.

Hye in doesn't bother acknowledging Iera's discomfort to her stealing money as she chucked the wallet back to the ground, mumbling to herself before walking out of her sister's room.

"Only a few bills? Why are you so broke?"

Iera wiped away the remaining water dripping from her face as she sighed in relief. At least, it wasn't her mother this time for she knows her morning call would definitely be a lot worse than just a bucket of water thrown onto her face.

Morning came too quick and 4 hours went so fast. It feels like only seconds ago did she laid her head down, and it is already time to wake up. Summoning whatever strength she had left, she calmly headed to the kitchen and started her morning routines.

She had no time to whine. Another minute wasted; a flying shoe will come in the next second.

Starting with cooking breakfast for the entire family, she has to be quick in order for everyone to gets their food in time because God knows how cranky they can be when they are hungry.

She doesn't even want to remind herself of the time when she received a black eye from her mother only because she was sick that day and doesn't have any energy to cook nor do the chores.

It was truly a nightmare in hell.

Not to mention, she has work at 9 in the morning and the place is 30 minutes' walk from where she lives. Thus, in order to arrive on time, she needed to schedule her time very wisely.

"Breakfast is ready." She shouts from the dining table and a moment after, she watched as the others walked out of their room. One after another, those lazy bums began to fill the room and Iera almost suffocated merely at the sight of them.

"Fucking another radish soup. Is this the only thing you can make?" her dad asked, almost yelling. He was standing at the side of the table, face smugly observed the dishes she just cooked.

"That's the only veggies we had left. I'll buy some groceries on my way home today."

'Eat whatever I serve you or leave the table.'

"Good for nothing. How could you forget to buy groceries? Are you trying to starve us or what?" her mother interrupted and Iera sneakily rolled her eyes behind her mother's back.

As she turned around to leave the kitchen, she bumped into her brother and the smirk on his lips showed that he saw her sneaky eye rolled in spite of their mother.