CHAPTER 13 : BETRAYAL AND DEATH

"How cute." He replied, stepping closer with a smug on his face. It was never not funny to see humans begging for their life yet this one- this one makes hunting becomes more interesting. A shameless human who never knows when to fall on her knees, begging for her pathetic life.

Who needs the thrill of chasing them while they were running for their life ? He bets no one besides him could understand the thrill to come across an arrogant prey who think so highly of their abilities and the satisfaction to watch as their expression fell after their pride was stomped when they hit the lowest moment before finally, the light left their eyes.

'So fucking thrilling', he thought.

"They said all vampires look hot and handsome, really exotically beautiful." Iera said, glancing to the three vampires before pulling a disgusted face at them. "How disappointing." The vampires gaze at her in anticipation yet she just smirked in return before continued,

"I guess, it's all a lie because look at you ! How unfortunate of me to be dying at the hands of ugly motherfuckers."

Even in the face of death, she would never shuts her mouth. Even more begging for her life to the likes of these disgusting vampires. 

Immediately as if they were poked at the most sensitive spot, the male vampire wrapped his rough, strong fingers around her neck, lifting her up before slamming her to the wall. Pinning her in place, his sharp nails digging into her cheeks, scarring her skin. "I am scared. I am so scared, Angel."

His eyes changed into a wine red that glowed at the sight of her blood and he wasted no time as he lean over and swiped his tongue across her wound, smirking at the taste. "How sweet."

"Really ? Then how about this ?" Lawliet had no time to react when she suddenly pulled the hair stick she wore out of her bun and slashed his throat in one long continuous motion.

Dark red, almost black color of blood splattering all over her face and her chest. The stench scent of his blood was really strong and she almost gagging at the smell of it. The hand around her neck loosened and she had to hold onto the wall in order to steady herself as she felt her feet were back on the ground. The two female vampires watched in horror as Lawliet laid cold on the ground with blood gushing out of his slit throat. "Pretend like you're not scared. Pretend and hang on until Angel comes to save you, Iera."

"She's - She's got an Angel's blade." She said in shock as she got a sight of the weapon Iera used to slit Lawliet's throat. 

Vampires are not immortal or at least, have a very long span of life for no reason.

The obvious reason is they can't be killed that easily, even more by a mere mortal. Having that one single advantage, the trio siblings decided to fool around the small town and fed themselves yet they just had to come across a human who possessed a blade that is belong to an Angel. One of a very few weapon that could kill them immediately.

"It's actually his hair stick but sure. Made of the same material anyway." Iera answered calmly as she twirls the hair stick between her fingers, eyes staring in satisfaction with how she successfully slit his throat.

"How dare you !" 

One of the female vampires shouted in anger and out of fury, her nails dug into her stomach deeply before scratched it harshly, leaving a big wound of nails traces. The hair stick in her tight hold fell to the ground as blood squirting out of the wound. Her left hand immediately palm the wounds on her stomach to stop the bleeding yet she was unable to withstand the pain. "Angel."

Giving her no time to take a breathe, the angry vampire proceed to claws her fingers on her chest before clawing again at the side of her left face. She was far from feeling satisfaction and her heart was screaming vengeance. She needed to painfully torture that filthy human until begging for death is the only thing she manages to do.