CHAPTER 4 : ANGEL OF DEATH

Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself laying on the bench I originally sat for lunch. Holding my head with both of my palms, I tried to sit up while bearing the pain of my head feeling extremely heavy. Seconds passed and as I felt much better, I started to look around to my surrounding, only to realize it's been hours since I fainted and the day has already turned to night.

I was about to stand up and leave for my night shift when I realized the man in white was standing there all along, leaning onto the big tree while staring into nothing.

Immediately my mind recollect of what I have just seen before I passed out and shivers seeping to my bone. The man took noticed of my consciousness and turned around to put his cold stare on me. "What are you?"

His fingers gripped tightly onto his sword as he look down to the ground. His wings has disappeared, making him looks like a normal man again. 

"I asked, what are you?" 

"An Angel." He replied indifferently. 

If this was a day before nor even up until this morning, I would laughed heartily to my heart content at his answer. However, at this moment, things have changed.

I understand now why he looks too surprised when he found out I could see him. Now, it's my turn to be surprised. I wasn't supposed to see an angel.

I never believe all of this immortal creatures existed. Hell, I never believe in God! I never believe that there is a deity because no matter how much I prayed for God to help me, He never did. He turned a blind eye at my life.

 Suddenly now, an Angel came out of nowhere and saved me.

"Why now?" I questioned and he look at me with his confused eyes.

"Why save me now? Are you the so-called Guardian Angel? What took you so long to come and save me? Why now after all those things I've been through?" I burst out with so many emotions at once that I failed to recognize what kind of emotions it were.

I suddenly grew upset. Upset and angry- knowing there's a higher power, something, someone,  who could look upon me, protect me, but do nothing to save me. I was upset knowing that such creatures existed, getting aware that he watched what I've been through but still choose to not help me. 

The said Angel stood there in silenced as his gaze soften. He doesn't deny my accusations nor explained himself. 

"Well say something. Where have you been all this time? Where are you when my sister stole everything I ever own? Where are you when my parents beat me to almost death, wait for me to recover and then beat me again? Where the fuck are you when Hyun Jin rapes me and hurt those who touches me? WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?" 

My hoarse voice came out as whispers when I felt a drop of tear dripping from the corner of my eye.  "I begged, begged and begged again. I begged for mercy, for anyone up there to please help me and end this pain."

"Did my prayer reaches you? Did you heard it?" I look up at his face, waiting for him to say something, anything. Yet, he says nothing, only capable of throwing his stoic expression in return.

"Did you heard it but decided that I don't worth a single help?" I stood from where I seated and close the gap between us. This time, the Angel didn't step backwards nor avoid me, instead, he waited and stood unfaltering.

"You should have left me to die earlier on."

"Just like how you left me behind all this time." Whispering harshly and roughly, I put my cold gaze on him before I carried on walking past by him and left.

--

3rd Person P.O.V