CHAPTER 9 : WHAT WAS THE REASON ?

3rd Person P.O.V

The Angel was back again to the Hall of Returning Soul to receive yet another set of name cards he needs to collect. A bunch of junior Angels who work directly under him in an assist to collect souls bowed down to him respectfully before getting into the lines behind him.

There were hundreds of them in mixed of soft blue and white robes, stood firmly in their line while keeping their sword right beside them, waiting patiently for God to arrive. All of the Angels were responsible to collect the souls as accordance to the given name cards that each of them received in the beginning of each month.

The Angel of Death was the first one to receive his name cards as usual and as he calmly read all the names on each card, he felt his blood ran cold when his fingers stop at one certain name. It was written in a red card, which only means that the date of the death has not been decided yet. The look on his face was indifferent only because he doesn't know how to express it yet his heart was screaming in agony.

He slipped the cards into his long sleeves before turned to leave the hall in an instant. He wasn't in the mood to stroll in the garden today, instead he teleported right into the Athenaeum. His entrance was harsh and cold, startling all the other six Angels who were sitting around reading a book.

"First - Born Angel." Areum, The Angel of Love quickly rushed to his side in curiosity but she was immediately stopped by Eun Woo.

She wanted to complain yet the harsh look on The Angel's face make her sit back in silenced. It was never a good idea to disturb him especially when he looks upset. The Angel doesn't even spare a single glance to the other Angels instead, he dashed to his private reading room and slammed the door shut.

Tugging harshly on his outer white robe, he sat down with a grim expression on his face as he closed his eyes. Seconds after trying to calm himself, he heard someone opening the door and walked in.

"What's wrong?" Ro Woon asked concernedly.

All the six Angels were extremely worried when they saw The Angel acting so angry and upset, knowing that he was never the one to show emotions. "Is this about that human?"

The Angel growled lowly at the mention of her and Ro Woon nodded in understanding. He approached carefully before taking a seat beside The Angel and released a heavy sigh.

"Today is the day you received the name cards and seeing you all angry like this, I guess you got her name too?" It doesn't need a second for him to guess since he was the closest to The Angel after Xiao Zhan left the heaven.

He has never seen The Angel shows any emotions ever since, thus it doesn't take a genius to find out the reason. Ro Woon glanced at The Angel's grim expression, knowing very well how stubborn he is and that he wouldn't take this without a fight.

"Didn't I told you to not entangle yourself with her? Listen up, you are an Angel and she is a human. There's no way in heaven she could stay alive forever. You knew sooner or later you were bound to take her life away."

"Ro Woon, you-"

"I can't give her another life, you knew it. You are the brightest and the greatest of us all. You know this better than any of us. Life that has been taken away will never be given back." Ro Woon answered even before he could utter the question.

"There is a consequences for everything. I advise you to do what you are here for and forget her. Don't get involved in human's life anymore and let her follow her fate."

--

Iera's P.O.V