CHAPTER 16 : AFTER 10 YEARS

The two wounds on his back have already healed years ago yet the pain remains forever.

Xiao Jungkook lost his wings 10 years ago when he was banished from Heaven. The scars on his back still has the traces of his wings, yet the spiritual power that was supposed to bring him up to his full potential died for there was no more wings to control it. Despite him being able to use most of his powers, no one can deny that he has gotten weak compared to how he was before.

It's been 10 years and nothing has ever change for him, a Fallen with no regrets.

Fixing his white outer robes, Jungkook stares at his own reflection on the mirror as he prepares himself to begin today's journey, planning to kill as many Vampires as he can. Once he is satisfied with the cleanliness of his attire, he grabs his sword from the shelf and was about to leave when a butterfly suddenly flies in and stopped him. Butterfly is often use as a messenger between The Angels and this specific sea blued butterfly is obviously belong to Ro Woon.

Listening carefully to the message given, Jungkook pauses for a brief moment as he let himself contemplating on what to do. According to Ro Woon, they are having a raid attack on the Vampires discussion and will appreciated it if he agreed to join. Since, he has found what he wants to find, Ro Woon suggested that they focused on the battle from now on.

There's no wrong in what Ro Woon says but Jungkook has no absolute reason to join their meeting since he has been too used going out there alone. For 10 years, he works with no companion nor comrade.

He is accustomed to being alone.

--

That's what he thought when he first heard about the invitation yet here he is- at the warehouse where they are supposed to meet. It is very unusual for him to feel himself shaking nervously and even when he doesn't physically shows what he feels, he swear he doesn't have the guts to go in. He suddenly wants to turn around and leave.

It's been 10 years ever since he left Heaven and since then on he has never meet The Angels as a group. He wonders if they think of him as a selfish traitor who betrayed them and left.

Jungkook is a step away from entering the warehouse when he hears a voice yelling, "I'd say we just barge into their secret hideout and kill every single one of them." The voice sounds confident, not even a tiny hesitation was detected. Jungkook knows very well that the voice must be belong to one of the Devils because Angels shouldn't raise their voice that high.

"We need to attack with strategy, Lucas. I'd say we observe their hideout for a few days and see how many vampires are in there to make sure we are not outnumbered." Jungkook nods in agreement as he hears the other voice, guessing that the very logical idea must be coming from Metawin.

"We have a visitor." He recognizes that voice anywhere. 

Xiao Jungkook reveals himself, taking graceful steps into the warehouse once Xiao Zhan has took noticed of his arrival. He is reluctant to admit but he can never deny the fact that both of them are very sensitive to each other's scents.

The first thing he notices after he steps into the warehouse is a familiar cold face of hers. It is almost difficult to not notice her when she is the only figure who sits down on a chair, giving no attention whatsoever to the discussions.

"First-Born Angel !" Song Kang and Areum call out for him simultaneously, immediately wasting no time to approach him out of joy of seeing him here.

Metawin, "How have you been, First-Born Angel ? We all wanted to see you."

"I'm glad you come." Minho says, smiling politely as he bows to the former Angel of Death. Jungkook glances to him, recognizing the man and nods his head in acknowledgement.